1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

BNIB Bontoni St Regis 10.5D (prefer trade)

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by jjgold, Mar 18, 2007.

1. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

I bought these a couple weeks ago to wear with a couple custom suits I had made. You probably won't believe me but I love them. They fit well, are wonderfully comfortable and the color is SUBLIME. They have a wonderful antique color and the toe has been spit shined or horse hair burnished. But here is the thing I feel they are a bit too fashion forward to wear with the suits I bought them for. So I was hoping someone out there has a pair of Edward Greens, John Lobb, Vass or C&J Handgrades that are brand new in box in a black or burgundy that they may want to trade. Something a bit more conservative. More of a rounded toe. I think the blk or burgundy would fit the suits better. I am a 9.5E or 9.5D English, 43.5 or 44 Vass, and 10.5D US. The retail price of this shoe is $995 US. I would probably sell for $450 plus $15 S&I. I am actually more interested in a trade.

Thanks

jjgold007@aol.com

[​IMG]

2. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

They are brand new, have never seen anything but carpet. They come with their own shoe bags and trees. Oh the cat is not part of the deal. My wife would probably prefer if I sent the cat but it stays.

3. lutfa

lutfa Senior member

Also what is the length of the shoe.Where did you purchase them from and can you not send them back

4. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

Lutfa I responded to your questions in your pm. If I don't trade them I will just keep them. Send them back? ARE YOU NUTS? [​IMG]

5. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

wrong size, but the shoes are gorgeous

6. singlechange

singlechange Senior member

Sent you a PM about trade for a pair of Vass I have.

7. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

Single..Were you the used Vass? I don't remember getting a message from you!

8. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

Anymore trade bait?

9. HalfCanvas

HalfCanvas Senior member

How about a 1992 Honda Accord?

10. kronik

kronik Senior member

... That would be the sweetest trade ever.

11. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

Kronik...did you get my private message?

12. CaffeNoirVita

CaffeNoirVita New Member

I would buy them from you but they are not my size. [​IMG] Frankly, I would advise you to keep them! They are truly exceptional shoes. They run head to head with my John Lobbs. I have two pairs of Bontoni-both are similar in color. I can't tell you how many compliments I get for the coloring. I beg to differ with you regarding the limited options in which a color like that permits you to match with your wardrobe. By the way, wear did you buy them?

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

gorgeous shoes. I agree that you should just keep them. And looking at them, I can't see what's so "fashion forward" about them?????

14. CaffeNoirVita

CaffeNoirVita New Member

Get Smart,
    you are quite clever. I actually failed to mention that this Bontoni model has a discreet elegance...there is nothing ostentatious about it. I think the color is quite and unique and subdued. When it comes to shoe colors, however, I think men in this country need to move beyond the ordinary browns and blacks. They need to be adventurous. Bontoni and Berluti-arguably the best two that specialize in shoe coloring, just have to keep plugging away. With time, more men will see the light at the end of the tunnel...

15. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

You know I don't know....maybe I will just keep em. i love the shoe but don't like the way they look with my suits. Anybody know where I can get a belt that would match?

jj

16. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

yes jj, i advise you to listen to the above,
    spending a few benjamins on a pair of shoes , if you already have a collection of shoes,
    might as well get something spectatcular and showy .
    you will get used to the aggressive looks of shoes more so when you keep wearing them; i have no problems wearing those bontonis with a suit,
    in fact, i think they are on the conservative end!

17. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

for now.. I will keep em! Man I gotta sell some other shoes then...Thanks Men!

18. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

So where did you get this particular pair - it seems on discount? Please share your source, I might want to pick up a pair as well (although I'm in California, orange county/l.a. area)

19. AH Clothier

AH Clothier New Member

Are these wonderful shoes still available for purchase? I am new to the site and a shoe fanatic! I live in the South where there is limited access to these types of high quality goods. I had a salesperson from Wilkes Bashford in SF send me some pictures recently of this line of which I was totally unfamiliar. Upon seeing them and doing some additional online research, I stumbled upon your post. I would be very interested if they are still available. Thanks.

Feel free to call at 704-712-2000 EST.

20. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

LONG GONE! Sorry