• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMW - The official car of the douchebag?

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
w45yus6auw5ijt6eky4uled5t5skrmjetnzgr.jpg

Discuss.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does every three series owner think he or she is the best driver on the road?
worship.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
w45yus6auw5ijt6eky4uled5t5skrmjetnzgr.jpg

Discuss.

I disagree. Hummer is the official car of douchebags. BMW has many douchebags as customers, but they're not always douchebags--but many are decidedly assholes, though.

In any case, it won't stop me from a future M3.
inlove.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it depends which model they have and what they think about cars. But yeah, most people buy their car solely for the badge and think that somehow a better car = a better driver.

Jon.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Deacon
Does every three series owner think he or she is the best driver on the road?
worship.gif

Yes.

Except us M3 owners, who think we're the best drivers on the track.
laugh.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What? No one is going to post the BMW/porcupine joke?
laugh.gif

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just so easy to get a beeemer now. It seems like 90% of the cars I see in LA are a BMW, and it's been this way for years. Are they still really considered a status symbol? Any knucklehead with a job can lease one of these things for like 4 or 5 hundred bucks a month. Wow, you're such a high roller.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While many douchebags do drive BMWs, not everyone who drives a BMW is a douchebag.

I wouldn't call it the official car. I probably see as many douchebags driving G35s and MBs. Moreover, almost everyone who drives a Porsche appears to be a douchebag. The suggestion that spending 500 dollars on a car lease is a reasonable thing to do for anyone is also a little far fetched, wouldn't you say?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
What? No one is going to post the BMW/porcupine joke?
laugh.gif

Alright...alright...I'll bite...

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

Prick is on the inside of the BMW.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or,

"What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine?"

"On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside."

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
While many douchebags do drive BMWs, not everyone who drives a BMW is a douchebag. I wouldn't call it the official car. I probably see as many douchebags driving G35s and MBs. Moreover, almost everyone who drives a Porsche appears to be a douchebag. The suggestion that spending 500 dollars on a car lease is a reasonable thing to do for anyone is also a little far fetched, wouldn't you say?
It's ok. We know you're a douchebag no matter what you drive.
inlove.gif

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
While many douchebags do drive BMWs, not everyone who drives a BMW is a douchebag.

I wouldn't call it the official car. I probably see as many douchebags driving G35s and MBs. Moreover, almost everyone who drives a Porsche appears to be a douchebag. The suggestion that spending 500 dollars on a car lease is a reasonable thing to do for anyone is also a little far fetched, wouldn't you say?

Oh I agree, I'm not saying it's reasonable, I'm just saying it's relatively easy to acquire one these days with all the zero down, easy lease programs available. I'm just curious if it's still considered a status symbol, and I suppose it is, at least with the higher end models.

Hey! I kinda like the G35's.
boxing[1].gif

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could just as easily find a photo of a bunch of wankers in a Civic, GrandPrix or Celicas because let's face it, the 3-series has become as common as any of those, at least here in Baltimore. I drive a 3 series and would like to think I'm not a douchebag. I also don't drive it like it's an M3 and like I'm a badass either. I drive it like "hey, I'm almost 30 and I can afford a car that makes my hour-long commute to work a little more comfortable" I live in a middle-class neighborhood in the county with a good mix of blue collar and white collar and there are plenty of 3 series in the driveways of doctors, postmen, computer geeks (me), exterminators and construction guys (well, his wife anyway) - I really don't see them as a status symbol anymore. Seriously, a BMW is only as douchebaggy as the person driving it (and anyone driving any car without a shirt on is, in fact, a douchebag) P.S. - IMHO spending more than $250 a month on a lease without a REALLY good reason is like throwing money away.

velobran

Reaction score
In south Florida, so many people use their cars as status symbols. I knew some shady mortgage (do these words even need to be written together) guys who shared a two bedroom apartment with their girl friends so they could afford leased Ferrari's and Lamborghini's.

No need to use cars down here to weed out the douches ... almost everyone is one regardless of their car. Still though .. hummers and G35's are damn douchy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads