• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMW - The official car of the douchebag?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
That top ten list ws nearly dead on, the rankings could have changed around. Bluetooth headsets are #1 on my list, but I would say the ones that are attatched to sunglasses rank even higher. www.oakley.ca/pd/2261 I have a friend that comes to my gym once in a very long while who will not leave these stupid glasses/phone in his locker. Sad but I have had to tell him that no one wants to listen to his conversations while working out, let alone with those glasses on....sad when your friends rank on the douchebaging list....where does a mullet fit in?

Why, Northern Ontario, of course ...
tongue.gif

Seriously, in Canada this was/is called "hockey-hair" at least as often as "mullet". As such, it is considerably less douchey 'round these parts. You will, naturally, draw your own conclusions as to what this suggests about Canadian culture ...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Why, Northern Ontario, of course ...
tongue.gif

Seriously, in Canada this was/is called "hockey-hair" at least as often as "mullet". As such, it is considerably less douchey 'round these parts. You will, naturally, draw your own conclusions as to what this suggests about Canadian culture ...

Does this mean Bono and Billy Ray Cyrus are Canadian?
tounge.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Does this mean Bono and Billy Ray Cyrus are Canadian?
tounge.gif

Merely wannabes, my friend!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a BMW - draw your own conclusions.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I own a BMW - draw your own conclusions.

we already had, douchebag!!!
laugh.gif

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'f I had a baltic blue, black on black or fire engine red M6 you could call me wot cha wanna!
bigstar[1].gif

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been told that Mercedes has more "higher society" symbolism than BMW...

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
I've been told that Mercedes has more "higher society" symbolism than BMW...

I seen evidence of this as well.

I've heard that real power players drive Jag- u- ar (not the Ford produced), Astin Martin and Bentley.
blush.gif

scottdurand

Reaction score
I drove an M3 in the 90's and would never own one again. Here in Louisiana the 3 series is most commonly driven by backward baseball cap thug wannabe types. I recently bought the new Volvo C30 Type 2 and have been surprised to walk out and find a couple different Porsche owners walking around my car. There are very few C30's here so it's nice to drive something different.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Deacon
I seen evidence of this as well.

I've heard that real power players drive Jag- u- ar (not the Ford produced), Astin Martin and Bentley.
blush.gif

When, in 1985?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scottdurand
I drove an M3 in the 90's and would never own one again. Here in Louisiana the 3 series is most commonly driven by backward baseball cap thug wannabe types. I recently bought the new Volvo C30 Type 2 and have been surprised to walk out and find a couple different Porsche owners walking around my car. There are very few C30's here so it's nice to drive something different.
I'm really liking the C30, it would be a pretty cool car to own if I were still single. How do you like it?

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Deacon
blush.gif

I've heard that real power players don't drive--someone drives or flies for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads