Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BMW 535i, Audi A7 or Jaguar XF?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by cruxisfalcon, May 3, 2011.

1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

XF

your dad can walk int meetings late, and when they ask him why he is late he can say, "I was driving the Jag.."

He'll be off the hook for everything he is late to.

2. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

I liked the new Jags...but then I saw a damn Hyunday that resembled a Jag very closely...
    ...Now the love is gone[​IMG]

...modern day Bimmers ain't what they used to be, I hear, in handling and teh ride: softer and vague

3. rlx

rlx Senior member

I've had both the BMW and the Audi (A6, not the A7). I'd definitely go with the Audi.

4. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

S5 is the answer.

5. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

I have the A6 and love it. Possibly considering getting the A7 or XF as well. I like Audi's in general and think the A7 looks great. Have not driven it yet.

6. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

A7 reminds me of the MB CLS

7. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

How many posting in this thread have actually driven the XF? I have, and I've driven the new XJ, both in the supercharged iterations. Anyone basing their opinions on Jaguar models earlier than these two, needs to re-evaluate Jaguar. My next car will likely be an XJ SC. It blows the fucking doors off my 08 750 in every conceivable way and it's also more of a driver's car than the current F01 7 series, which I have driven several times. I think the XF supercharged is a fantastic car for the money and I think it looks great too. The gear shifter is fucking stupid, but otherwise I have no complaints.

8. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

Drove the XF and I liked it as well. Nice interior as well. I like the way the care looks although I don't like the scallop detail on the headlights.

9. billsayers

billsayers Senior member

Screw the Audi and BMW. The Jaguar is the right choice but not the model you posted. The XJ is superb.

I had the chance to evaluate it overnight and it is exactly what you want a luxury vehicle to be.

The A7 looks too simple and the 535i is played.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

S5 is the answer.

The S5 isn't a sedan.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

-----oh fuck it

12. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

How many posting in this thread have actually driven the XF? I have, and I've driven the new XJ, both in the supercharged iterations. Anyone basing their opinions on Jaguar models earlier than these two, needs to re-evaluate Jaguar. My next car will likely be an XJ SC. It blows the fucking doors off my 08 750 in every conceivable way and it's also more of a driver's car than the current F01 7 series, which I have driven several times. I think the XF supercharged is a fantastic car for the money and I think it looks great too. The gear shifter is fucking stupid, but otherwise I have no complaints.

I test drove an XF premium, and liked the ride/handling quite well; very nice amount of power, too

Regrettably, the styling is ho-hum and lost its jaguar-ness which is what attracted customers to the brand in the first place.
    Well below average reliability record continues to plague the brand as well. Perhaps, those are some of the reasons they are offering 0% financing (always detrimental to resale value in the long run) and some aggressive leases

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I test drove an XF premium, and liked the ride/handling quite well; very nice amount of power, too

Regrettably, the styling is ho-hum and lost its jaguar-ness which is what attracted customers to the brand in the first place.
    Well below average reliability record continues to plague the brand as well. Perhaps, those are some of the reasons they are offering 0% financing (always detrimental to resale value in the long run) and some aggressive leases

They have aggressive lease deals for the new XJ as well. It's likely to hurt resale value in the long run.

14. A Y

A Y Senior member

I finally saw an A7 in real life the other day. That is one gorgeous car.

--Andre

15. WorkingOnIt

WorkingOnIt Senior member

A7 then the XF then the 535.

Regardless of the supposed reliability issue with Audi, I find their recent models to be absolutely gorgeous.

The XF is also a sweet looking car, but slightly less on my radar than the Audi.

The 535... well, everyone has a 3 or 5 series around here...