• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMW: 5 series Gran Turismo

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Josef Seibel
Here is another new model: BMW X1.
Great, another ugly and useless model that won't have the capabilities of a real off-road vehicle or the handling of a real BMW car. I'd rather at an M5 wagon than an X1 or X3 if having "space" was an issue. And am I crazy, or does the hood on the thing not even line up properly with the fender by the headlight?

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.autoweek.nl/autonieuws/12...-psychedelisch

If you follow the link you will find pictures of the new 5 sedan 'in the wild' as it is finishing up testing.

It's in the typical BMW camouflage and will be out somewhere in the first 3 months of 2010.

To me it kinda looks like they're going back to the E39 styling, which is a good thing probably.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
http://www.autoweek.nl/autonieuws/12...-psychedelisch

If you follow the link you will find pictures of the new 5 sedan 'in the wild' as it is finishing up testing.

It's in the typical BMW camouflage and will be out somewhere in the first 3 months of 2010.

To me it kinda looks like they're going back to the E39 styling, which is a good thing probably.

A good thing indeed, if that's the direction. I still like the E39 styling.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they going to release a new 3series soon as well?

Cavalier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan

5 usually comes out a year or two before new 3's

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan

Nope. BMW does 7 year cycles, and the current 3-series has been out a little over 3 years, iirc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads