• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMW 335i Coupe

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never been a huge BMW fan but I love the 330i/M3 and the 6-series. And wow, the new 335i coupe is out! I think it's great! Discuss! -Jeff

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that the car is out, it's nice to see that it has lived up to the hype. The turbo tuners out there have gotten their hands on the cars and are putting down some good power. Now, if they come out with an AWD sedan, I might consider one. Especially when I consider the possibility of warranty-friendly Dinan upgrades.

Unfortunately, there's already a post somewhere on a BMW forum of someone's engine blowing up. It could be a simple defect, or it could be a glimpse into the short future of the twin turbo 335.

johninla

Reaction score
Don't know if you like classics. But I have a 1972 3.0 cs, which is a beauty. I have to get a pic to post.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
The problem is that the interior is still horrible.

Jon.

It's gone down from the last generation, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it "horrible." It's livable.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johninla
Don't know if you like classics. But I have a 1972 3.0 cs, which is a beauty. I have to get a pic to post.

Please do. I love the classic 3-series.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reports are that the car is underrated in terms of power. Based on dyno runs, people are guessing it's probably closer 330 HP.

However, it is a heavy car at 3500 to 3600 lbs (E46 was 3200 lbs), and has no limited-slip diff, which is all but required for a car with that much power.

--Andre

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johninla
Indeed, the 2800 model was great.

The 3.0CSL can still hold its place amid the modern cars.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it a lot, there is a slew of real owner pics of the 335 on the e90 forum.

I like the white exterior a lot as I do the coral red interior but I don't think I would get coral if I bought the car today, I would probably go with a safer dark grey leather.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I look at it, the less I like it. WTF!?! I never got tired of my E46 330Ci and I still prefer the old one over the new.

I was so looking forward to a new M3 after I graduate. But at this rate, I don't think I can live with it unless they do something drastic.

Oh well, Porsche 997 here I come.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
The more I look at it, the less I like it. WTF!?! I never got tired of my E46 330Ci and I still prefer the old one over the new.

I was so looking forward to a new M3 after I graduate. But at this rate, I don't think I can live with it unless they do something drastic.

Oh well, Porsche 997 here I come.

It's certainly no E46, but that will be a tough car to beat. In 25 years, people will still talk about the E46, and the only thing anyone will remember about the E90/E92 is that it brought turbos back to BMW (if the engines hold together, of course). I think BMW is reconfiguring their product line, and the new 335 sedan and coupe are signs of a step in the right direction.

Of course, the new M3 could end up being a pretty crazy car, considering that the 335 nearly matches the performance of the outgoing M3.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a look at the 2007 335 coupe a couple days ago -- a dark gray metallic one with dakota red (dark red) interior. As the owner of a '98 M3 (E36), I was very impressed with the interior. Everything falls to place as in the E36 and the seats and various components seemed high quality. The seats, I thought, were particularly nice- definitely a step or two ahead of those on my car. And the backseat was surprisingly large and accommodating (I'm over 6 ft. and fit pretty well). On the other hand, I don't think I want one (though I didn't drive it, I only sat in it) based on its looks. It looks too much like every other 3 series for my taste. I'd like the car (with its attributes/engine) to have a little more visual spice, more sex appeal. Inside and out, I'd describe the car as handsome, elegant and respectable -- perhaps "the strong but silent type." Just as Audis, such as the A4, can be purchased with the S-type package (even though not the S4), I'd like to see this car available with a sportier exterior -- an "M" package.

As an aside, last night I saw a friend who has a mid-1980s 635. Now that's a coupe! 110,000 miles and still going strong; still on the original clutch; fantastic engine burble.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe there is an M package exterior option, if not available now, in the works. I know there is a body addon for the front and rear bumper that makes it more "sporty". BMW had to play it semi safe, the 3 series is where they make all their profit, they have to appeal to the masses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads