BMW 1-Series Coupe (and it's coming to America!)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by imageWIS, Jul 19, 2007.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Really? It's a modern 2002...IMHO it's a lot better than the 335i coupe, which has grown so big that it might as well be called a 535i coupe.

Jon.

4. spertia

spertia Senior member

Those side panels are hideous.

5. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

The regular 1 series looks better, but none of the versions are really hot cars.

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Really? It's a modern 2002...IMHO it's a lot better than the 335i coupe, which has grown so big that it might as well be called a 535i coupe.

Jon.

I didn't read it, I just looked at the pics of another ugly BMW. Why they insist on ruining their carefully built brand identity and style lately is completely beyond me.

7. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

Jon.

As a 335i sedan owner, I totally agree. I have read a few magazine arcticles about it, so far, the reviews are great. C&D (I think) clocked a 4.8 sec 0-60, should be a fun little car to drive. I am glad they decided on allowing the turbo six as an engine choice.

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

Looks like somebody just kicked the shit out of the lower part of the door. I still think it looks better than the 335 Coupe, which looks like a fat fuck. I'd consider it when I'm in the market for a new BMW. It'd be even better if they put the E46 M3 engine in it.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

That hardly looks like it replaces the 2002. It looks absolutely huge by comparison.

10. DNW

DNW Senior member

That hardly looks like it replaces the 2002. It looks absolutely huge by comparison.

This looks like it's about the same size as the E46 Coupe. Calling it a modern 2002 is ridiculous.

11. WN2

WN2 Senior member

I really hate the downward curve of the side of the 1-series. I'd like to like this car but I just can't force myself to do it. It looks like a dachshund with a back problem.

12. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

This looks like it's about the same size as the E46 Coupe. Calling it a modern 2002 is ridiculous.

I looked up some info, it is based off teh e46 chassis and 8 inches shorter than the current 3 coupe. Def not as small as the 2002.

Btw the tt 3.0 is better imo than the M3 six, better fuel economy, lighter, and a bit more powerful with slighly less redline. I think BMW is going after the tuner crowd with it as forced induction is very cheap to modify for more power.

13. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

I like it very much. I'd probably go for the 128 though. As I've said before I am very hesitant to buy a turbo in any car. Then again, my 01 330Ci is still going strong and I don't see it expiring any too soon.

BTW, another example of what I'm saying in response to SG's comments in other threads -- the other day I'm driving home from work. Some SUV zips right in front of me and behind traffic that is rapidly stopping. So, I had to slam the brakes to avoid an accident. Beemer didn't flinch. A few miles later, another crazy driver swerves in front of me and I had to swerve to avoid, a sharp maneuver at high speed that the Beemer handled w/o complaint and totally safely. Then shortly after that, another crazy driver almost slammed into me because he spaced on his exit and decided to try a maneuver across those last few yards of very rough pavement before the two paths part ways. Again, the driver is lucky I had a Beemer. In short, SG complained about the Beemers not talking to him as opposed to other cars like Subarus and Isuzus etc. Well, I don't want a car that "talks" to me, I want a car that "listens" to me.

14. visionology

visionology Senior member

It has the sex appeal of a Hyundai Accent.

15. BankerBoi

BankerBoi Senior member