• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BLUEFLY International??!!

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
Hey,

I feel like such a tremendous moron. I just spent the past hour going through the Bluefly website, excited beyond all comprehension because I found the perfect cashmere sweater and jeans for a ridiculously great price.

Problem?? I'm in Korea. I presumed that they would ship internationally, or at least to CANADA (where my parents live). I didn't even think to check it out until I get to the "Checkout" and realize that they "Cannot process international requests at this time. Sorry." GAAAAH.

So, needless to say, I'm overcome with sorrow.
tounge.gif

Does anyone know if there is anyway around this? Is it worth my time to call them and try and talk over the phone to someone?? I mean, if I'm spending $200.00 on clothes, surely they can ship it to bloody Canada, eh??!! We're not that far north.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by funk_soul_brother

Does anyone know if there is anyway around this? Is it worth my time to call them and try and talk over the phone to someone?? I mean, if I'm spending $200.00 on clothes, surely they can ship it to bloody Canada, eh??!! We're not that far north.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Unless you get Melissa Payner, the Bluefly CEO, on the phone and convince her otherwise, the customer service people can't do anything about it. Don't waste your time.

While I am closer in Toronto to NY than many places in the US, Canada is still a different country so there are customs forms and a lot of paperwork to fill out... It's just not worth the hassle for them to ship to Canada for such a small market. There used to be a company whose business model was based on allowing international customers to buy from US e-commerce sites by taking delivery in the US and handling all customs and duties and shipping to Canada. They went out of business like countless other dotcoms.

And I hate to break it to you but $200 isn't exactly the big sale for Bluefly.

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
And I hate to break it to you but $200 isn't exactly the big sale for Bluefly.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

haha. i know that, but it still makes me wanna cry! haha. GAH.

i'll have to try to get an american friend to order and ship the clothes to me.

thanks for your reply!

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not tried any myself, but I think there are some online services that will become the middle man for your shipping.

Basically, you have the order shipped to the middle man in the U.S. > then they send it to you overseas. I'm talking about something like this:

http://www.internationalcheckout.com/

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
thanks very much for that link. that's a pretty cool site, though they're going to charge and extra $110.00 to ship to korea. and $90.00 to ship to Canada.

i guess i can understand why these types of services are going out of business.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's interesting - Bluefly could ship internationally as recently as a couple of months ago. (Of course, shipping costs started at US$45.)

Anyone know the reason behind the change?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just have the order shipped to someone in the States and then have them ship to you. Heck, I'll even volunteer but I'll foreworn you that I recently shipped three pants USPS Global Priority in a plastic envelope to Japan and the cost was about $35. Depending on how heavy what you are ordering is, the USPS shipping charge could be $30-50. Anyway, if you still want to do it, PM me and I'll act as a forwarder.

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
thanks very much edmorel for the offer. i do truly truly appreciate it. problem is that i can't even buy from the store unless i have an American credit card. BUT, it's okay! I've got a friend in NYC who is going to buy and ship them for me after i wire him the money.
smile.gif

BJCanada

Reaction score
Where do your parents live in Canada?
I live in Vancouver and ship my items to point to point parcel service in Pt Roberts Washington
It is 20 minutes from Vancouver to the US border. It is not a post office so ALL US websites/stores will ship there.
They charge $3.00 per item to hold it until you pick it up/
You drive across the border, declare it to Canada Customs. Easy.
Most US cities close to a border will have someone who offers this service..

A few websites will not accept a credit card unless there is a US billing address. most will accept
a Canadian credit card with a billing address in Canada
If you live in Korea, if you can, get a Canadian credit card and use your parents address as your billing
address.
International shipping charges to Canada are a rip off in most cases. 99 per cent of the time you are not
assessed duty or tax when you pick them up in the US and take them through Canada Customs yourself

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads