• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blue windowpane suit - opinions please

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this beautiful blue windowpane suit... it has white/red windowpane over navy, the fabric is gorgeous virgin wool...

The problem is it is difficult for me to decide when is appropiate to wear it...

It looks to me, too flashy for business... Too foppish for casual or a nigh out..

what do you think ?

20082006284.jpg
20082006286.jpg

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very Nice! IMO: More of a "Night Out" suit than a business suit. Though I guess the type of business you are in would determine that.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pattern is somewhat bold but try easing it slowly into your work rotation by wearing it infrequently, on days when you're going to an event or something to justify wearing it. Depending on your business, I think it can work as a once-in-a-while suit.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"with the 6th selection in the 2006 NFL Draft..."

jk nice suit.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great suit. Proves that DB can look fresh without being Prada-modernist.

stach

Reaction score
This suit is loud. I would say elegant brunch, festive lunch etc.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks you all for your kind comments...

I just saw and ad from Joseph Abboud that says "Style Tip No. 21, Dress like your boss's boss"... I feel with this suit I'd certainly overdress the company's owner
laugh.gif

I work in the telecommunications industry, i am an engineer... and I love suits, and I wear them just because I don't have to, but because I like to...

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Great suit if your wife will let you wear it around her.

What does your wife think of reptilian footwear?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife suggests that it would be ideal for wearing to weddings and the like. As for business, she says it depends on your line of work.

(Just thought I'd add in a woman's opinion, since they tend to be few and far between around here.)

She also wants you to know that she thinks "it's a beautiful suit."

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit looks so loud because you are pairing it with a loud tie. Try a more subtle (perhaps even a solid) tie with the suit and see what happens.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the suit, AND THE TIE IS WONDERFUL.
Although I have also an engineering background (electronics/telecom), and I would say that if you were working at Ericsson in Göteborg or Stockholm, your colleagoues would probably lift their eyebrows when seeing you walk into the office with that suit and tie... Maybe things are different in Geneva, though. Also, salaries appear to be better - I cannot imagine my Swedish Ericsson friends buying the kind of suits that you seem to own...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
definatly a day suit, but wear softer shirt and tie combo for less and impact!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads