• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue suede shoes. Question?

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting a pair of blue suede loafers for the summer. Undecided whether to get them tasseled, leaning towards it. I think Sutor Mantellasi had a blue ones with the tassels in brown that I really liked, but don't seem to find them now :confused:

What would you guys combine them with ? Jeans, white/kakhi/stone color chinos? Blue chinos (here the shade would be critical) ?

Thanks

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd probably steer clear of denim as the shade would be really close. While/khaki/stone would all be fine. Light or mid grey would work. The tassels you describe are familiar but I don't remember them as being SM. You could always have some made by AS Handgrade (Carroll). Also, Unionmade had some Alden navy tassels but they must be sold out. I really like the AS Carroll. They'd be awesome in navy suede w/ brown grain tassels.

http://alfredsargent.co.uk/handgrade-range/carroll/

Last edited:

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those AS look really nice, but the shoes I saw (and they may have not been SM) had a more "squarish" or chiseled toe and higher vamp, if it makes any sense...

shilleck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I prefer without the tassels with khaki or lighter shade of trousers.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like them with stone or khaki trousers or chinos.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Personally I prefer drivers for less conservative colors. I have these.

If I had a dollar for every time I wore these with white chinos, alligator belt with engine turned buckle, a blue linen blazer and a pale yellow or blue open-necked button front shirt, I could have paid off the shoes.

fknandrew

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting these blue suedes from McNairy, but I am not sure what to wear them with. I am also deciding if the brown version is more versatile. Any comments?

fknandrew

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Sanguis. I want to pick the one that I can use more often I guess. What I usually wear are suits (not too stiff where I live so suede brogues are ok) and jeans, and a little night life here and there. Would these blue suedes work with suits or jackets as well?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply Sanguis. I want to pick the one that I can use more often I guess. What I usually wear are suits (not too stiff where I live so suede brogues are ok) and jeans, and a little night life here and there. Would these blue suedes work with suits or jackets as well?
They would work with a jacket and the RIGHT suit...

fknandrew

Reaction score
I am in the market to have a new suit made anyway. Any suggestions on what will match these shoes? You are referring to the blue ones right?

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am thinking of getting these blue suedes from McNairy, but I am not sure what to wear them with.  I am also deciding if the brown version is more versatile.  Any comments?

Wear these with white pants, linen pants of any colour but black or dark brown, any shorts or faded grey denim. If you want a sockless look, wear sockettes. Go for the blue. Everyone else has brown suede. Be dynamic.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads