• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

blue reiss Peak Lapel blazer worn casually...

Lengman

Reaction score
hi, wondering if anyone can help me...
i recently bought this blue peak lapel blazer from reiss.
(http://www.reissonline.com/shop/mens...en/blue_black/)

ive wore it twice, both times with a crisp white shirt and a silky pocket square. Trying to dress it down and keep it casual looking, i wore it with blue skinny jeans and my dark tan shoes from churches.
Any ideas of wearing it differently still incorporating the same jeans and shoes, ie colour shirt, accesories?
thank you
Jay

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pale blue shirt, pale pink shirt (may not get a lot of love around here for that, but I like) and maybe try differently textured shirts to mix it up (eg herringbone weaves). I'd avoid over-accesorising too much, as the jacket has quite a bit of 'look at me' going on already; although it'd be so much better with wider lapels. There was a post on The Sartorialist recently of a guy wearing a cardigan under a (very different) jacket, and I wonder if you could make this look less formal by wearing a grey cardigan underneath, with a simple white shirt. EDIT: Here's the pic...

Lengman

Reaction score
thanks for your prompt response... love the cardigan idea

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 66 30.3%
  • 21 - 30