blue prints for a sports coat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kaizo, Jan 17, 2013.

1. kaizo

kaizo Senior member

I always fancied the idea of making a sports coat out of fancy material like kimono, Hawaiian shirt fabric etc... For fun.

Now that I have finally built the courage to do so.

Could someone kindly send me a link to the blueprints for a size 36 2 button sports coat please.

I know my way around a needle to a degree but I don't have any experience of tailoring (gonna be a long road ahead!) So if possible please link me to one without too much jargon and conventions.

Thank you :)

2. RandyE

RandyE Member

You might check your local fabric shop(s) for patterns (usually located in the center of the store in a large beige cabinet), or go online to pattern vendors, someone like Simplicty for example, and you should be able to get patterns in the specific size you are looking for. I have rarely seen them online, and even if you did find one you would probably need a plotter to print it out...

- Randy

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

4. kaizo

kaizo Senior member

Hi thank you and sorry for the late reply and I'll go ahead and try my local tailor and Google. :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  5. kaizo

kaizo Senior member

Sorry I didn't read again before I posted and said 'thank you for the late reply' instead of 'thank you and sorry for the late reply'. Sounded bad sorry about that.