1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by LA Guy, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Jay,

I am looking for a lighter belt for summer. Can you please tell me the difference better the Vermilyea Pelle in natural and the Tanner Goods in natural? Thanks!

2. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

Just got my Japan Blue 'African Cotton' jeans and they're great. Nice lightweight fabric that feels almost stretchy (even though it's 100% cotton). Nice tapered fit that stacks beautifully. Detailing/buttons/fabric is all gorgeous. I'm really happy. Blueowl is probably my favourite online store to buy from.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The Vermilyea Pelle belt is much thinner, but also stiffer. The horse hide is one of the toughest leathers we've ever carried, but it should break in beautifully. Tanner makes great belts, they put a lot of work into finishing the belts with the highest quality. What it comes down to between the two is the leather stiffness, thickness, and the buckle design.

4. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Hmm I'm looking for recommendations for a pair of jeans similar to my current pair of size 30 spikes x012 (measured waist 32.5", little loose, thigh, 22.5", knee 7.75"). My ideal measured waist would probably be 31.5"-32", rise 10"+, and 8"+ knees. My biggest issue with my current pair is the knees (it's a little tight when I sit/crouch). If it helps, I'm 5'5" and I'd have to get it hemmed anyways. Thanks!

Edit: Decided to try out 3sixteen's SL-120x

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  5. Jay-D

Naked & Famous F/W 2014: First Release - - - "Weird Guy" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Burgundy

[​IMG]
    The first of our Naked & Famous FW14 collection has arrived. Introducing the Weird Guy 13oz Selvedge Chino in Burgundy. Two years ago we collaborated with Naked & Famous on a red chino, and we still get customers asking for this one to come back as the color was easy to coordinate and wear. Finally N&F has decided to make a similar red, and this time as part of the their regular line up. This red fabric is very similar, but in a slightly darker color that allows for more year-round wear.

[​IMG]
    Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" 13oz Selvedge Chino in Burgundy. 100% cotton, made in Canada. Size 28-38. $150. For more information, click http://www.blueowl.us/product/naked-and-famous-weird-guy-13oz-selvedge-chino-in-burgundy/

[​IMG]
    Black leather patch.

6. Jay-D

Naked and Famous - New Fall/Winter 2014 Items

Two more items from the FW14 collection recently arrived. A "Skinny Guy" Stretch Corduroy in Burgundy, and a "Slim Shirt" with a Kimono Flowers print.

[​IMG]
    The Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" Stretch Corduroys are made with a soft corduroy fabric that has a bit of stretch making them incredibly comfortable. That, plus the nice fit make them a great addition to your fall wardrobe. These are in burgundy and you can expect some Amber colored stretch corduroys to arrive in the near future in "Skinny Guy" and "Super Skinny Guy".

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" 11oz Stretch Corduroy in Burgundy.
    98% cotton 2% elastane, made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $138
    For more information click here

[​IMG]
    The Naked and Famous "Slim Shirt" 6oz Kimono Flowers shirt is part of a series that began spring/summer 2014 inspired by traditional kimono patterns. This is the first of the series in a "Slim Shirt" fit which has darts along the back allowing for an overall slimmer silhouette compared to the "Regular Shirt". Also, it features a vibrant floral print made up of simple graphic flowers.

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Slim Shirt" 6oz Kimono Flowers.
    100% cotton, made in Canada. Sizes S-L. $128
    For more information click here

7. sillyboybmxer

sillyboybmxer Senior member

where are all the fit pics of the newest collab?!?1

8. accordion

accordion Senior member

Got a pair of JB406s, it's got a nice weird guy like fit that's good for people with big thighs who still want a strong taper. Love the texture and construction. Thanks Kevin and Jay!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about these really hard the last few weeks, anyone picked one up? I'd love to see a photo in the wild so to speak, or with a little bit of patina.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I have been considering one as well

11. Jay-D

We have sold a ton of the natural horsehide so far. The reason I did this belt is:
    1) I have not seen horse hide used much in the current market, especially for a belt, and I wanted one to offer for our customers
    2) I love how horse ages. It tends to have a more grainy appearance, and thus more variation and natural markings that develop as it darkens.
    3) Horsehide is stiff, but can be thinner compared to cowhide and just as durable.
    4) We were able to offer them at reasonable price.

I am not a real leather guy, so any of you real leather people can probably give a better description and more details. These particular belts have not been out long enough to see any serious aging, but it is natural horsehide and a Google search should show some photos of some items.

As for the design, I wanted a single buckle solid brass style in a 1.5" width is the right size for denims to fit nicely through belt loops. Too many roller buckles out there right now, I prefer a one piece buckle if I have a choice. The 7 holes at a 3/4" width and the 4 set reverse rivets is Dustin's design, which is easier to size and looks great and really durable.

The other two colors are Chromexcel which speak for themselves.

12. SilverKing

SilverKing Member

Hey Jay. How are you? Have you ever considered doing a collab with a boot manufacturer like Viberg? Just thought that would be pretty cool. Iron Heart, for example, has been doing it for a while. And I desperately need more NA retailors to stock those boots.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

We do SF x Viberg collaborations regularly. We have done 4 rounds abd like 6 makeups. The next ones will be put together in September. I would suggest watching the Viberg thread

1 person likes this.
  14. SilverKing

SilverKing Member

Done and done, respectively. Thanks.

-SK

15. zargoz

zargoz Senior member

I picked one up about a month back, really like it. The leather is really nice, fit and finish are first rate. The indicated size was spot on as well. Like Jay said above, the 7 holes and 3/4" spacing are the jam for sizing, you'll never end up on one of the last holes looking like you've gained/lost 20lbs after you bought it. I gave mine a light coat of wax to help keep the indigo from rubbing in off my jeans. Overall, really liking it and recommended, it's understated but very nice. Here is a crappy iphone pic after about 20 wears:
    [​IMG]

16. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

Hey man thanks for taking the time to get a photo! I was also considering indigo rub off since my current light tan belt is getting really grungy. Any waxy leather treatment ought to work, right? Ed: I should add, the 7 hole approach makes me really happy too; I have at least one belt kicking around that only had 3, now completely worthless unless I get a tapeworm.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  17. zargoz

zargoz Senior member

Happy to help. I am by no means a leather expert, but I went with light coat of a neutral carnauba wax product as I wanted to put a protective coat on top but not do much to change the color. So I'd go waxier vs oilier as far as treatment. I noticed it darkened very slightly with the application. We'll see how it works out but my thinking is any indigo transfer on top of the wax layer should be able to be removed. If I only wore it with denim I wouldn't mind so much, but I also wear it with chinos, shorts, etc. Hoping for a nice patina with age but don't want it to end up blue.

18. Jay-D

[​IMG]
    Some exciting new FW14 items from Naked and Famous just landed.

[​IMG]
    The Beast is Back! The fourth generation of the Naked & Famous elephant fabric clocks in at 22oz and features a super dark deep indigo warp with a black weft. Great color that will result in stark electric blue fades.

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" Elephant 4 22oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo/Black. 100% cotton. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $195. For more information on the Elephant 4 click here

[​IMG]
    The weft uses a twisted multicolor yarn that pokes through and gives the surface a subtle and unique appearance.

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" Twisted Candy Weft 14oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo. 100% cotton. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $185. For more information on the Twisted Candy Weft click here

[​IMG]
    This is the Amber color of the stretch corduroy that we received in burgundy a while back. The 11oz rigged and stretch corduroy is soft and has a little bit of stretch making these an incredibly comfortable pant. We currently have this one in the "Skinny Guy" and "Super Skinny Guy" fits.

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" Stretch Corduroy in Amber. 98% cotton and 2% elastane. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $138. For more information click here

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Super Skinny Guy" Stretch Corduroy in Amber. 98% cotton 2% elastane. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $138. For more information click here

[​IMG]
    The warp yarns are dyed in real pomegranate tannin and the weft is dyed brown.

[​IMG]
    Naked and Famous "Weird Guy" Left Hand Twill 14oz Selvedge Denim in Pomegranate/Brown. 100% cotton. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $205. For more information click here

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  19. masshi

masshi Senior member

Hey Jay, will you guys be getting any more Momotaro in the tight tapered cut any time soon?

I've been eyeing the 18 oz. version, but was kinda hoping for a leather patch and maybe some battle stripes (preferably the kind sewn into the inside of the pocket so that they fade into view - would be so cool!).

20. Eastman

Eastman Well-Known Member

Those new belts in the blue owl site look fantastic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.