• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue or black?

Blue or black?

• Blue

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Black

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Get a damn Rolex and STFU about it

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

alepenn

Reaction score
you guys are boring. blue is the much cooler one

violethour1951

Reaction score
blue might be "cooler", but it will hardly be a mainstay of your collection like the black

recondite

Reaction score
How about both or neither?

Both look like "fashion watches" and would be fine for accessorizing with sporty outfits, but don't proper watches have a white or ivory face, which make make "neither" a required choice if one is seeking to buy one watch to wear with everything including loungewear for business or semiformal occaisions?

alepenn

Reaction score

How about both or neither?

Both look like "fashion watches" and would be fine for accessorizing with sporty outfits, but don't proper watches have a white or ivory face, which make make "neither" a required choice if one is seeking to buy one watch to wear with everything including loungewear for business or semiformal occaisions?

Someone needs to spend some time on Timezone :)

Although the watches do look good their horological credentials are very much up there with the best- this isn't some Bell & Ross garbage :)

lysandar

Reaction score
Not all BR is garbage. I'm partial to the old BRs that were made by Sinn, for one. Sorely underappreciated.

alepenn

Reaction score

Not all BR is garbage. I'm partial to the old BRs that were made by Sinn, for one. Sorely underappreciated.

Agree completely. Don't think of them as Bell and Ross watches though, it's too difficult to associate them with the garbage they put out now.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IWC fan & watch owner here. I like the blue one ... but it will have limited use compared to the one in black. However, if you already have watches to cover other situations, get the blue one.

I have a JLC with a dial in dark blue and I love wearing it ... but it doesn't go with everything.

Last edited:

alepenn

Reaction score

IWC fan & watch owner here. I like the blue one ... but it will have limited use compared to the one in black. However, if you already have watches to cover other situations, get the blue one.
I have a JLC with a dial in dark blue and I love wearing it ... but it doesn't go with everything.

Just as one has different color jackets to go with different pairs of pants, one has different watches to go with his different jackets :)

The blue Mark XII is stunning really

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads