1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blue / Navy dress shoes, slip-on - I'm flexible and open to some inspiration)

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by rhd-style, Jul 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhd-style

rhd-style Member

I hope this post is well thought-out and appropriate for the forum. I'm looking for shoes, both NWT or used (but in decent condition) are fine, and I'm really flexible in my search. I listed $150 as a rough guide, but I would spend more if it made sense, and I'd be perfectly happy to wear a cheaper used shoe as well. I'm building my professional wardrobe, but I suspect these will be a somewhat rare wear.

The environment:
    It needs to be wearable in a relaxed corporate environment. To give context to what that means in my mind - At least half the men, even juniors, don't wear ties. Top shirt buttons are often undone. Suits are a requirement, but very few of the men would be in suits worth more than maybe $750. It's a professional/corporate environment, but it's in a fairly casual region.

Here's what is flexible:
    - Price, within reason
    - The exact color (as long as it's blue / navy)
    - Style

Here's what is not:
    - It has to be a slip-on, soft/comfortable
    - It has to be leather
    - I wear a 10 / 10.5 US, but would be okay with an 11 (after adding an insole)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.