blue nailhead for trousers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zjpj83, Dec 7, 2004.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Wondering if a blue nailhead would work for trousers to be worn with sportjacket, or if it would just look like the bottom half of a suit.
    Thanks,
    Zjpj

2. Phil

Phil Senior member

I think if you wear them with a dress shirt and sweater they would look nice. Id avoid wearing those pants with a sportjacket of any kind though. Chalkstripe and pinstripe trousers have become increasingly popular these days (I own a few myself), and only really wear them with sweaters. Maybe I am wrong here, but wearing them with a sportcoat looks a bit off.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think it would probably look like the bottom half of a suit, but would be better in a continuum scale than pinstripes or windowpane.

4. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

If the fabric is a light blue, it might work with a navy blazer.  A medium or navy blue would be more difficult.

5. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

I've seen these offered by "Worlds Finest" made by Borrelli, but have avoided, as I don't understand the purpose of purchasing an item that's so difficult to coordinate. If you can't wear it with a sportjacket, and have to spend lots of time matching a sweater ("dressy" black cashmere?), why suffer both expense and brain damage. None of the fashion writers (Flusser, Roetzel, Boyer) even mention this item as a possibility.