Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

blue nailhead for trousers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zjpj83, Dec 7, 2004.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Wondering if a blue nailhead would work for trousers to be worn with sportjacket, or if it would just look like the bottom half of a suit.
    Thanks,
    Zjpj

2. Phil

Phil Senior member

I think if you wear them with a dress shirt and sweater they would look nice. Id avoid wearing those pants with a sportjacket of any kind though. Chalkstripe and pinstripe trousers have become increasingly popular these days (I own a few myself), and only really wear them with sweaters. Maybe I am wrong here, but wearing them with a sportcoat looks a bit off.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think it would probably look like the bottom half of a suit, but would be better in a continuum scale than pinstripes or windowpane.

4. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

If the fabric is a light blue, it might work with a navy blazer.  A medium or navy blue would be more difficult.

5. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

I've seen these offered by "Worlds Finest" made by Borrelli, but have avoided, as I don't understand the purpose of purchasing an item that's so difficult to coordinate. If you can't wear it with a sportjacket, and have to spend lots of time matching a sweater ("dressy" black cashmere?), why suffer both expense and brain damage. None of the fashion writers (Flusser, Roetzel, Boyer) even mention this item as a possibility.