1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blue jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JuniorJetSet, Oct 17, 2004.

1. JuniorJetSet

JuniorJetSet Well-Known Member

Which brand(s) of jeans would you reccommend for the tall and slim? I have never had much luck with jeans as they never seem to look flattering on my tall, thin frame (always look ridiculously baggy or embarrasingly tight). I would imagine that European designers are producing a better tailored jean and would appreciate some advice as I don't really have access to any in my area.
    Having said that, I would prefer not to spend an unreasonably high price for jeans, thanks for any responses.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

I venture he's going to be looking at substantially more than that for the CN jeans. I would recommend the usual suspects at least at first, PDCs, since they are readily available and can be found for a relatively low price.

3. rsp1

rsp1 Senior Member

Check out Helmut Lang and Marc Jacobs.

4. Oltmann

Oltmann Senior Member

APC make some. The normal inseam is 34". $109. If you need a 36" inseam, the only "designer" type I know of is Diesel.

5. prepster

prepster Member

My friend who is tall and thin swears by AG Jeans - specifically the "Fillmore" line.

6. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior Member

I have your same problem, as I am tall and slim (5-10, 140 lbs.) and finding jeans that fit me well can sometimes be on the challenging side.  I have had problems with Banana Republic trousers in general (including their jeans) since their 30 x 32's seem to shrink rediculously in the inseam, leaving me with a pair of pants which provide no break in the length.  I have tried some great jeans however, especially from Ermenegildo Zegna.  Their regular line is too baggy, so try their 6oz version (Zegna makes a 12oz denim, which is more like conventional denim, as well as a 6oz denim, which has a mini herringbone weave, is softer and provides more drape).  Their 6oz model fits me very well, and they come in a 34 inseam, so I will just have them hemmed a tad.  The only downside is that they are on the pricey side (just south of $200).  I am actually considering getting another pair of jeans, but I would like to get something a little less pricey. I have not tried PDC, but I will definetely check them out. Does anyone know how Hugo Boss jeans are cut? I seem to recall them making a straight leg model.

7. JuniorJetSet

JuniorJetSet Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I will definitely look into the brands you brought up. I have always preffered slim cut jeans, but the only problem with that is the length. It's always hard to find a 32-36 or 33-36.
    BTW, I own several pairs of Levis now. I don't know if they are 501's or not but I find that while they are affordable, they are not very durable. The area around the backpockets tends to show wear quite easily.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Paper Denim and Cloth make excellent looking jeans in practically perfect cuts. I would check out the ICN or LTD styles (regular fit). I am a slim guy, and I like slim-fit jeans, but LTD seems to be an excellent semi-slim fit that balances out any extra topwear so you don't look out of proportion (skinny legs with a jacket on can look odd).

9. truthhurts

truthhurts Senior Member

Go shopping in the women's section [​IMG]. Not joking.

10. @riss

@riss Senior Member

Helmut Lang or APC make exactly what you seem to be looking for.

11. Leo Jay

Leo Jay Senior Member

Assuming that you are, in fact, not joking, wouldn't women's jeans be cut considerably roomier in the hips? I'm not sure that would solve his problem...

12. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

There are definitely women's jeans cut slimmer than anything you're likely to find in the men's dept. I've known some slim dudes going for a rockstar look that wore women's jeans - Earl's if I remember correctly.

13. truthhurts

truthhurts Senior Member

Like Baron says - some are and some aren't.

I don't have the same problem myself so unfortunately I can't offer anything more specific. I just know that's what particularly skinny friends of mine do.