Blue in Green N-02's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gong, Mar 24, 2012.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

At least once a month I get a PM from a random user asking to critique their fit. :uhoh: I figure they have me confused with Fok.

2. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

I'm with the others here...If you couldn't do the buttons pre-soak, you definitely won't be able to do the buttons post-soak.

It's time to cut your losses and sell them. Even if they do stretch enough to be able to button, you're more than likely on track for a major blowout. Denim can stretch, but it's stretching properties aren't infinite. Size up a few.

3. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Those are going to be way too loose in 5 years (post neutron bomb). Should have sized down more.

4. tropics

tropics Senior member

paging "creepy sartorial photos"

5. gong

gong Senior member

I already got the second button and can just about get the third, these stretch a fair amount in the waist.

6. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

This topic is gold.

7. gong

gong Senior member

Does it not say on raw denim pairs that the waist will stretch after a few wears? What's so difficult to understand some people like a slimmer fit jean.

8. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

raw denim will stretch 1-2" not the 4-5" that you need. if you ever want to have children sell those jeans..

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

You're trying to fit a condom over the Eiffel Tower and we think it's funny, that's why.

People wear skinny jeans all the time, it's just that most people understand how to size them instead of round-hole, square-peg'ing them to death.

10. gong

gong Senior member

Quote:
    I don't [​IMG]

11. meso

meso Senior member

This thread won't be complete without a livestream of you trying to get the final buttons done over several days.

12. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

You sir, are an idiot...

They should fit snug out of the box. Not being able to button them after a couple of days and have yourself thinking you can is just plain bullshit.

Wish your tailor good luck with these, the moment all seams bust...

13. gong

gong Senior member

Quote:

Where did you get the idea it's been a couple of days? I literally just got them yesterday and they have less than 3 hours of actual wear time on them.

14. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

Yes. Raw denim stretches. It's stretching properties, however are *not* infinite. There is a breaking point. The more you force your jeans to stretch, the more likely they are to fall apart.

There's nothing wrong with preferring a slim fit jean. That's not difficult to understand. But why buy a pair of jeans that doesn't give you the fit you want in the legs unless you can't button up the waist?

Here's what is going to happen: even if you *do* eventually get that top button up, you'll be walking down the street one day, see a shiny coin on the ground, bend over, and *RIIIIIIIPPPPPPPP*. Massive blowout. Your chonies will be on display for everybody to see.

Make no mistake: This whole "you should size down so much that you can't button up you jeans" thing is HYPE. It's a horrible, masochistic notion that somehow gained steam in raw denim circles because of the crazy stretching properties of APC's.

Trust us. Sell 'em. Size up. If you're not happy with the fit, get them tailored or switch to a slimmer cut.

15. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

lol
    the OP is obviously kidding
    those jeans are waaay too small
    he'll walk around stiff-legged like frankenstein