• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue collar wannabes - Why??

spudnik99

Reaction score
Maybe it's because cubicle jobs are the new blue-collar jobs.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously. There are a lot of days that I wish I had become an electrician instead. I'd probably have a lot more money.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Seriously. There are a lot of days that I wish I had become an electrician instead. I'd probably have a lot more money.

well you are clearly be under paid for your better skill set if you think that.
smile.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of people who have zero education and are far greater than you in every way, shape, and form.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
Whatever. I never said being blue collar was a bad thing. The world needs ditch diggers too (caddyshack quote).

speaking of which, I guess thats why they love Al Czervik.
caddyshack-rodney1.jpg

or were you rooting for Judge Smails?

Originally Posted by odoreater
I agree, but then it becomes a question of where the line is drawn. I agree with your examples, but I would add that you can wear carpenter jeans without it saying "carpenter" or cargo pants without it saying "soldier."

wait. cargo pants is for soldier?

Originally Posted by Teacher
I must say, reading this thread has given me flashbacks of some threads on AAAC of about two years ago.

yup, that was an epic threak.

Originally Posted by munchausen

and come to think of it, if you're just gonna sit in a cubicle all day, won't your uni degree tell you that having to go to work everyday wearing a suit and tie is illogical? won't going in wearing t-shirt and shorts make you more comfortable ergo more productive?

Originally Posted by Johnny_5
There are plenty of people who have zero education and are far greater than you in every way, shape, and form.

+1000. People who, I assume, doesn't interact with these mediocre blue collar guys should not say crap about them for kicks or to make them feel better about themselves.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP is a tool. i guess anyone who earns an honest living less than $100k is "mediocre"

get bent, loser.

PS: i'm not a blue collar worker -- future law student -- but i am personally offended by your remarks.

gilwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
or were you rooting for Judge Smails?

I am superior to all mediocre blue collar workers!! Now get to work ditch diggers!!

cs_089.jpg

Srsly tho, this thread was created around fashion choices, not career choices.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was created around fashion choices but you brought money, education, and everything else that is being argued into it.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Naisbett back in the 80's in his book Megatrends said that the more high-tech we become in our everyday and especially our work lives the more high-touch we want in balance.

You have all these guys today working on computers, in a digital medium, in highly PC work settings so they want a little touch of old-school manly dress as balance.

aizan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Maybe it was created around fashion choices but you brought money, education, and everything else that is being argued into it.

fashion choices don't happen in a vacuum. in japan, the workwear trend coincided with a deep, prolonged recession.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
John Naisbett back in the 80's in his book Megatrends said that the more high-tech we become in our everyday and especially our work lives the more high-touch we want in balance.

Ain't that the truth!

sexual_harassment.jpg

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I grew up working class. I kinda like it that way.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
I changed my avatar b/c of this thread.

I'm glad I kinda contributed in your choice of avatar

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads