• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue Christmas

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's Christmas, and I've got the blues.
confused.gif
frown.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did your mother finally take the liquor bottles away?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many people do, if it's any solace.

Tuesday night on the way home from pre-Christmas grocery shopping I got snarled in a major traffic jam -- some guy was trying to jump off a bridge.

I'm a little sullen as my Mom died ten years ago and I find I am really missing her this year, but I acknowledge all the things I am thankful for and the reality that there's no reason I need to take a long leap.

Find the beauty. It's there.

~ H

x26

Reaction score
For most the Christmas season is filled with nothing more than unrealisticly high expectations that are impossible to fulfil...
plain.gif

Like Jack Nicholson said" You're an embarrassment to Depression"...

rxcats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
It's Christmas, and I've got the blues.

confused.gif
frown.gif

Eartha's passing hit you harder than you are letting on, didn't it?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Many people do, if it's any solace.

~ H

+1. You are not the only one, Cunty. I find Christmas to be an unbelievably lonely time.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the perfect remedy...

STYLE FORUM CUDDLE PARTY!!!

I don't feel lonely, rather I look upon everyone with disdain during the holidays (no LK, i'm not trying to encroach upon your territory).

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
^Isn't that what Farinelli's was all about??

Anyway, for some reason, for a few hours yesterday, everything and everybody was getting on my nerves. It was an awesome Christmas, I got great presents, I loved spending time with my family, for all afternoon I was in a really sour mood. What gives?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For some reason Wednesday was filled with melancholy - I felt the frown creeping across my face and couldn't quite figure out why. Thursday was too busy to be anything other than busy and tired. Today it was so damn warm and humid that I forgot Christmas was just yesterday.

Eagle

Reaction score
Who had time to be blue? We had a rather sizable assemblage of kids, grand kids, in-laws and 'out-laws' at the house. Life, as well as holidays, amounts to just about what you put in to it/them!
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads