• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blue Christmas

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
It's Christmas, and I've got the blues.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did your mother finally take the liquor bottles away?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many people do, if it's any solace.

Tuesday night on the way home from pre-Christmas grocery shopping I got snarled in a major traffic jam -- some guy was trying to jump off a bridge.

I'm a little sullen as my Mom died ten years ago and I find I am really missing her this year, but I acknowledge all the things I am thankful for and the reality that there's no reason I need to take a long leap.

Find the beauty. It's there.

~ H

x26

Reaction score
For most the Christmas season is filled with nothing more than unrealisticly high expectations that are impossible to fulfil...

Like Jack Nicholson said" You're an embarrassment to Depression"...

rxcats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
It's Christmas, and I've got the blues.

Eartha's passing hit you harder than you are letting on, didn't it?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Many people do, if it's any solace.

~ H

+1. You are not the only one, Cunty. I find Christmas to be an unbelievably lonely time.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the perfect remedy...

STYLE FORUM CUDDLE PARTY!!!

I don't feel lonely, rather I look upon everyone with disdain during the holidays (no LK, i'm not trying to encroach upon your territory).

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
^Isn't that what Farinelli's was all about??

Anyway, for some reason, for a few hours yesterday, everything and everybody was getting on my nerves. It was an awesome Christmas, I got great presents, I loved spending time with my family, for all afternoon I was in a really sour mood. What gives?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For some reason Wednesday was filled with melancholy - I felt the frown creeping across my face and couldn't quite figure out why. Thursday was too busy to be anything other than busy and tired. Today it was so damn warm and humid that I forgot Christmas was just yesterday.

Eagle

Reaction score
Who had time to be blue? We had a rather sizable assemblage of kids, grand kids, in-laws and 'out-laws' at the house. Life, as well as holidays, amounts to just about what you put in to it/them!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 250 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40