• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bloomies Sf

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoah, I just got back from the new Bloomingdales and it is really gorgeous. It is all highend stuff, no downscaled crap and it is ******* massive... If you've been to Stonestown, you'll understand my comparison when I say it is as long as it but about 6 floors higher. You have to see it to believe it but it is really really tight.

Oneitis

Reaction score
Wow, I agree. I was expecting the usual department store crap, Polo Ralph Lauren, some tired Lacoste gear, and a little Theory mixed in to show some "high fashion."

But I was extremely surprised to see how much great stuff they had. If you're used to NYC or LA, then its probably nothing new to you. But for the Bay Area, its definitely a step up for department stores.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every high end brand imaginable...well the reallly big ones.. scattered throughout bloomies and boutiques inside the mall.. THey had stuff like Dior, RLPL, RLBL...yadda yadda

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm the only who thinks dior is garbage. Their chick stuff and shoes are dope though.

tangerine

Reaction score
Junya Watanabe, Number (N)ine, Martin Margiela, Marc Jacobs, Lucien Pellat-Finet, Manuel, DSquared and more, plus all the usual players in the boutique denim field.

minya

Reaction score
I can't wait to check this **** out.

Oneitis

Reaction score
It was to have one place where there's Ever henleys just a table away from Marc Jacobs main line stuff, next to Varvatos, next to Trovata. Just a good mix of high end designer stuff with other "of the moment" brands.

Stax

Reaction score
I was there last Saturday, about 11:45 AM, and Biz Markee was spinning hip hop discs on two decks set up adjacent to the Marc Jacobs racks. About 45 people were in that section of the men's department and not one was paying attention to Biz. They were way more interested in the Juicy Couture fall collection. I felt kind of bad for him. From Hip Hop notoriety, to Celebrity Fit Club, to the morning slot DJing the men's department at Bloomies. He will end up with a gig at Men's Wearhouse if he's not careful.

Dill

Reaction score
I doubt I can afford anything there at retail, but I look forward to their sales!
wink.gif

someoneNew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
I was there last Saturday, about 11:45 AM, and Biz Markee was spinning hip hop discs on two decks set up adjacent to the Marc Jacobs racks. About 45 people were in that section of the men's department and not one was paying attention to Biz. They were way more interested in the Juicy Couture fall collection. I felt kind of bad for him. From Hip Hop notoriety, to Celebrity Fit Club, to the morning slot DJing the men's department at Bloomies. He will end up with a gig at Men's Wearhouse if he's not careful.

He was a one hit wonder over a decade ago right?
That's pretty amusing that he was doing that though...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oneitis
Wow, I agree. I was expecting the usual department store crap, Polo Ralph Lauren, some tired Lacoste gear, and a little Theory mixed in to show some "high fashion."

But I was extremely surprised to see how much great stuff they had. If you're used to NYC or LA, then its probably nothing new to you. But for the Bay Area, its definitely a step up for department stores.

I've never been impressed by the one in LA, actually.

ayn

Reaction score
great looking store, but their guys stuff were a bit weak, IMO... I was hoping to see some DH 17cm's but no luck...
wink.gif

xcoldricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
but nobody beats the biz!

Oneitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I've never been impressed by the one in LA, actually.

Exactly. Their store in LA is extremely average. I want to say its kind of what I thought Barneys NYC would be like if I was ever there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads