• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bloodhound.pdf - do I have a virus

dropbeats

Reaction score
My first computer so I dont know anything. Im getting this anti virus program telling me I have bloodhound.pdf3 and its some kind of virus.
uhoh.gif

indy116

Reaction score
Do you have a virus scanner program (Norton / Symante) on your computer that is reporting a file as bloodhound.pdf.3 infected?

It looks like that means that the files may have malicious code in them that could be trying to exploit holes in Adobe Acrobat. Don't open the file and just delete it.

dropbeats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indy116
Do you have a virus scanner program (Norton / Symante) on your computer that is reporting a file as bloodhound.pdf.3 infected?

It looks like that means that the files may have malicious code in them that could be trying to exploit holes in Adobe Acrobat. Don't open the file and just delete it.

Yeah they gave me a free Symantec Anti Virus program. And I keep getting these warnings pop up saying I have bloodhound.pdf3 and that it has been Quarentined. Then if I delete the Quarentined files the warnings pops up again and it keeps finding more! I ran a virus scan and it found a bunch so I deleted them and it just comes back.
frown.gif

indy116

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dropbeats
Yeah they gave me a free Symantec Anti Virus program. And I keep getting these warnings pop up saying I have bloodhound.pdf3 and that it has been Quarentined. Then if I delete the Quarentined files the warnings pops up again and it keeps finding more! I ran a virus scan and it found a bunch so I deleted them and it just comes back.
frown.gif

Are the files in your Temporary Internet Files or desktop or..? Are they actually PDF files or do they look like other system files? Does this computer have Vista or XP?

dropbeats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indy116
Are the files in your Temporary Internet Files or desktop or..? Are they actually PDF files or do they look like other system files?

Does this computer have Vista or XP?

I have Vista. The files are in a Temporary Internet Files. I delete them after the anti virus finds them and quarentines them but then the program pops up again and finds more. It's annoying.

indy116

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dropbeats
I have Vista. The files are in a Temporary Internet Files. I delete them after the anti virus finds them and quarentines them but then the program pops up again and finds more. It's annoying.

Tried clearing the Temp Internet files?

You might try to boot in to safe mode and then have Symantec run a full scan.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in no way an expert with computers and you should talk to one of them, there are many forums for that kind of thing, that said:

I have found when I have can't delete something using an anti-virus program it is because it is often somehow running something to block the anti-virus program:

sometimes stopping any processess related to it and then trying again works, to do this press "cntrl+alt+delete" you should have the option to "Start task manager" here you should be able to see a list of "processes" if any of them have a name like the one of your virus stop the process and then try deleting the virus.

You can also stop programs from stating themselves automatically, go to help and type in "msconfig" it should give you the option to "open system configuration" one of the tabs will give you a list of "services" you should be able to tick a box to get rid of all the windows related ones and then you can deselect the rest so they won't start when you restart the computer, restart, start your antivirus and kill the virus, then set things back to normal for next time you restart.

Also it might be worth trying a different anti virus or anti spy ware program, there are plenty of decent free ones out there.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a quick search, yeah its a virus, google it, there are plenty of instruction online for getting rid of it.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Follow the instructions at: http://www.symantec.com/business/sec...126-99&tabid=3 As a new computer user, you shouldn't be touching MSConfig. Don't load your system up with anti-virus software. They'll just get in the way and most of the larger suites are at the point that they're more pain than they're worth. They are easily compromised. Avoid Appreciation sites, gambling sites, torrent sites, anything related to piracy, etc. until you have a handle on what you're doing, or your system will be so full of rootkits and sending so much spam for the Russians you won't know what hit you.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Follow the instructions at: http://www.symantec.com/business/sec...126-99&tabid=3

As a new computer user, you shouldn't be touching MSConfig.

Don't load your system up with anti-virus software. They'll just get in the way and most of the larger suites are at the point that they're more pain than they're worth. They are easily compromised.

Avoid Appreciation sites, gambling sites, torrent sites, anything related to piracy, etc. until you have a handle on what you're doing, or your system will be so full of rootkits and sending so much spam for the Russians you won't know what hit you.

2836944060_d2fbafec5c.jpg

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
2836944060_d2fbafec5c.jpg

I thought only beautiful people used macs.
rimshot.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads