blondys_bay_auctions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by el rojo, Sep 29, 2006.

1. el rojo

el rojo Member

any experience with them on ebay?

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I've purchased a Costume National suit there, perfect condition (NWT), just as described, for around $600, off from $3k (yikes). Shipped quickly, no hassles. I would recommend them.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

less than average quality control. in my case, they miss little things, like tiny holes in a suit.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I've bought a few things from them and had no issues.

5. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Good Folks. They have a huge inventory, and some real nice stuff along with lots of average stuff. I've never had a problem with them. I'm sure they make an occasional mistake, or overlook something, but I would feel confident that they would rectify the problem.

FWIW: Blondys Bay has recently had a lot of NWT Bijan items, literally from socks to suits. So I think they are the #1 seller of Bijan on Ebay. Truly a dubious distinction. But they get so much traffic on their auctions that they have a starting price of $1.00! And if a Bijan suit was priced low enough and the auction was about to end, I might buy it.

Getting back to the subject. I would recommend them. They have some real gems that come up for sale. And their feedback and reputation is such that you can bid with confidence.

6. pejsek

pejsek Senior member

I've never bought anything from them, but I do think I know who they are. Basically, they are the Russian trawlers of local thrift shops, scooping up everything in their nets and offering the items for sale on ebay at nominal starting bids. I've seen their auctions before and recognized items I had seen around town. As NoVaguy suggests, they don't seem to do anything but put the items back up for sale as they found them. I live by an older thrifting code. I'm not really against resale, but I really hate the kind of wholesale hoovering these guys do. To me, thrifting is all about choice and picking out the gems. But then if I were a miner I'd have a pan rather than a strip mine. These guys actually stand by the stockroom doors and pounce on the racks as they come out. Personally, I hate them.

7. VMan

VMan Senior member

8. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I've never bought anything from them, but I do think I know who they are. Basically, they are the Russian trawlers of local thrift shops, scooping up everything in their nets and offering the items for sale on ebay at nominal starting bids. I've seen their auctions before and recognized items I had seen around town. As NoVaguy suggests, they don't seem to do anything but put the items back up for sale as they found them. I live by an older thrifting code. I'm not really against resale, but I really hate the kind of wholesale hoovering these guys do. To me, thrifting is all about choice and picking out the gems. But then if I were a miner I'd have a pan rather than a strip mine. These guys actually stand by the stockroom doors and pounce on the racks as they come out. Personally, I hate them.
    [​IMG]

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I've bought a few things from them and had no issues.
    Ditto.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Wasn't this the seller that used either half-naked chicks to model the clothes, or always put photos of half-naked chicks around the clothes?

Sort of like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ermenegildo-Zegn...em270034518237

Exactly. It's one of the things I like about them - it's so cheezy, it has a certain kitschy charm.

11. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

All of this might be true, but where do they get all of their NWT Bijan and Costume National items?

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

All of this might be true, but where do they get all of their NWT Bijan and Costume National items?

they might have fallen off the truck like those italian guys at the gasoline station.

13. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

bought one pair of used trousers from them, although for cheap, they were full of coffe stains on the inside lining and outside on the thigh areas. The stains were never mentioned

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

actually now that I think of it, I bought my favorite Belvest blazer from them. It's a navy blazer with a subtle electric blue windowpane (thin stripe, you'd have to see it to understand) that I posted on here before and people were commenting about the naked chick posted with the fabric swatch haha.

15. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Try to have some sympathy for those of us who live where the thrifting blows, though.