• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blondes in linen or seersucker suits

whitworth

Reaction score
Hello lads, I'm rather new to this so appreciate any help you can offer. Are there any SF members who have blonde hair fair complexions and wear white or cream linen suits or seersucker in the stripey pattern.

Reason I ask is I'm a blonde fair to ruddy complexion and really want a suit in those fabrics and colours. All the suits I see in photos are modeled by men with dark hair so I have a real hard time trying to imagine how I'd look in one. If I were closer to a town with decent clothing stores and helpful staff I could try some on but unfortunately I don't.

So, is it a good look? Or am I better off getting a linen suit in a darker colour?

Regads
Garry

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go for it!

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm blonde and have all three suits you mention. Always get compliments. If you're worried about looking washed out, wear something like a very bright coloured polo under your linen suit. I've worn my white suit with both a fuchsia and an aqua colored polo. (Very Miami Vice !!) I wore my cream suit with a black camp shirt.

Rawling 4851

Reaction score
^Agreed. With fair skin and light hair, it's all about the shirt. I live in/near the tropics and I've found a bright chambray shirt works well with a cream linen suit. I'm really fair and I've noticed that if you get a color to work with your eyes, your skin will follow suit.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rawling 4851
^Agreed. With fair skin and light hair, it's all about the shirt. I live in/near the tropics and I've found a bright chambray shirt works well with a cream linen suit. I'm really fair and I've noticed that if you get a color to work with your eyes, your skin will follow suit.

+1

Just don't go too dark and present an overly strong contrast between a too dark shirt, a (for example) cream jacket, and your Casper-the-Ghostlike mug.

Speaking as a fellow member of the almost-but-not-quite Albino clan, I wear seersucker all the time (in season) but always with a shirt that is blue, red, or pink (or some combo/variant thereof), never solid white ("More milk, sir? No thank you. I am white enough.").

I never wear black as I don't want random strangers screaming and throwing silver crucifixes at me.

whitworth

Reaction score
I thought the title might disappoint some.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the replys, I'm going to start looking for a suit and try a few different colour shirts and see how they look. With respect to the seersucker do you fellows wear the red stripe or blue stripe, I'm tending to think that red and white might be a touch much if my face was blushing from any compliments I might get.

Regards
Garry

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whitworth
I thought the title might disappoint some.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the replys, I'm going to start looking for a suit and try a few different colour shirts and see how they look. With respect to the seersucker do you fellows wear the red stripe or blue stripe, I'm tending to think that red and white might be a touch much if my face was blushing from any compliments I might get.

Regards
Garry

Blue. Got a suit in traditional blue, a wider striped and a micro striped blazer both in blue.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes to the hair color and complexion ... and I own and wear cream colored linen coats/suits as well as seersucker coats/suits in stripes including -- but not limited to -- blue & white, navy & cream, navy & white, tan & white, and grey & white.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ I'll add that I was raised in the Deep South ... and that may influence my fondness for such attire.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads