1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Blogs and stores

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 5, 2009.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm going to go through my list of online stores this weekend, clean it up, and make additions. Also, I'm going to add blogs. I hardly ever read blogs, and my memory... is variable, so please post them here so that I get as much there as possible from the onset.

Cheers,

Fok,

2. breakz

breakz Senior member

3. ijustwishi

ijustwishi New Member

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

Gravitypope.com

I can't believe that they aren't an affiliate.

5. nomad

nomad Senior member

6. APK

APK Senior member

http://streetetiquette.com/

JKISSI's become more of a regular in recent months, his fits are universally praised, and the site's become more relevant for this crowd as he and Trav have moved toward a more sophisticated style.

7. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Gravitypope.com

I can't believe that they aren't an affiliate.

Fuck me, there's a gravity pope where I live but it's shoes only. I can't wait for them to open up a clothing store here. They always have such great buys in everything. It will improve the shopping here a million times over. I'll be in edmonton next weekend, hopefully I get a chance to hit up the one there.

8. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

doesn't get that mentioned that often but www.lark-blogvancouver.blogspot.com/

I really like this store. Only bought one thing from them before, but the owners are cool. Now I may have to stop in and check out that gilded age chambray on sale....

9. onion

onion Senior member

10. nomad

nomad Senior member

I really like this store. Only bought one thing from them before, but the owners are cool. Now I may have to stop in and check out that gilded age chambray on sale....

yeah the owners are real nice, most recently picked up a barbour hood and some wax. can't beat free chocolate

11. breakz

breakz Senior member

My favorite blog is probably www.selectism.com.

Absolutely agree, they're great.

12. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

13. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

14. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

Absolutely agree, they're great.
    Are they? They will post anything they are fed and have no opinion and no taste? Not only do they get heaps of details wrong, there is no consistency. Most of the time it looks like the saw a whole collection and picked the actual worst looking thing from it, just to be more out there and "fashion" as they say. ...

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Blogs or store blogs?

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Blogs or store blogs?

I was originally thinking blogs like A Continuous Lean, but whatever.

17. JOA

JOA Senior member

I really enjoy this: http://arefreshingtake.blogspot.com/
    unfortunately they don't update often.

One of my favorites as well. I check daily, hoping for an update.

18. breakz

breakz Senior member

Are they? They will post anything they are fed and have no opinion and no taste? Not only do they get heaps of details wrong, there is no consistency. Most of the time it looks like the saw a whole collection and picked the actual worst looking thing from it, just to be more out there and "fashion" as they say. ...
    So I like them b/c they expose me to lots of things. I'm not familiar with fashion so I've found a lot of lines through them. It's exposure by volume, even though I don't like a majority of what they post. You guys are much more discriminating in your picks/taste and I really appreciate that. I pick up on details much more now b/c of your blog, and if I lived at a higher income bracket I'd tear through your store. Let's put it like this: in GReader, when I see Selectism I skim the photos for exposure. When I see h(y)r I see people who have distinct taste and solid reasoning for liking certain pieces. In other words, apples and oranges.

19. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

lulz ryon be hating cuz selectism is bigger.