Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blog names: Personal or Business?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by cl smooth, Nov 6, 2011.

1. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

More professional? A blog is more or less your online journal (unless you're blogging for a firm). In this case, I would come up with a niffy name that ties the two, you're the marketer, bro! Make yourself standout and marketable. :slayer:

If you want a more professional appeal to it, buy a domain name so you get www.cl_smooth.com instead of a generic URL that's free.

By the way, how do you like your field? I took a marketing class last session and loved it. I applied to several job openings in the field, but I guess until I get the MBA degree, my scientific background doesn't offer much.

I just did what you want to do (I think). Because I have a unique name, I registered for the domain's name. I haven't set up a site yet because I don't have the time, and it's still being planned out on the exact lay out.