• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blistered sunburn

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So I have a sunburn and it's blistered. Scrub the blisters off, or leave them?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had bad sunburns (just a couple weeks ago) but have never had blisters. I did some internet research though and from everything I came across...do not touch them/scratch them/rip them off.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
do not touch the blister, let it heal by itself. put some aloe on it or something. stay out of the sun.

ive had one time i was at the beach all day without any sunscreen. i was dark very dark. but next day i had my skin not only peeling , but it was bubbling off in big chunks. liquid was underneath. i was freakin scared. it took approx 2 weeks for the effects to mostly wear off, but i was so scared of it. this was like 11 years ago.

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
I just got over a blistered sunburn. Do your best not to pop them. It is going to be sensitive for about three weeks.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last time I had a burn this bad was middle school. I think I popped the blisters back then by running a hairbrush over them, but like sho, I freaked out about why there were these little watery bubbles on my arms.. Since my arms are still attached, I think it worked. yay me.

Actually, today they are considerably less-sensitive than the past few days.

Usul

Reaction score
I'm sorry, we have a "No open sores" policy here.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps I'll get those half-sleeves I've been wondering about. That way the needle will pop all the blisters and it will all be safe and sterile. Do tattoos hurt much?

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Each time you get blistering (second degree) sunburn, you are doubling your risk of malignant melanoma skin cancer.

Did you use sunblock?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Each time you get blistering (second degree) sunburn, you are doubling your risk of malignant melanoma skin cancer.

Did you use sunblock?

Yep, but evidently not nearly enough, and I waited too long to reapply.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Yep, but evidently not nearly enough, and I waited too long to reapply.

Might be the brand. Many chemical sunblocks in stores are controversial (may even do more harm than good). Physical blockers using zinc offer good protection.

I use this, it's gotten high ratings: http://www.badgerbalm.com/c-6-sun-care.aspx

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hate that - happened to me maybe 2 years ago, it was awful. good luck

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blisters...ouch

I know everyone is telling you not to pop them, but it's just so damn fun to go ahead and do it anyway.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bump, because I'm ******* molting! My skin is falling off in big gray flakes!!! I'm scared to even get up out of my chair, for fear I'll leave a pile of flaky, burnt skin behind me. FACK! My chest and shoulders look like they just stepped out of the Thriller video!!! aaaaaaaaaaaack.

Considering using duct tape to keep the skin attached until I get home. Good idea, or do not recommend?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Blisters...ouch

I know everyone is telling you not to pop them, but it's just so damn fun to go ahead and do it anyway.

This from a man named "Willpower" ....

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
M-5044t.gif

This will help, get the kind with aloe. It can also be used to clean the scrapes of your little one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads