1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

bleach the a shirt white?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jinx, Sep 23, 2006.

1. jinx

jinx Well-Known Member

i have this cheep dress shirt and it has the ugly yellowish lines across it, is there anyway i can bleach or stain the whole thing white?

Thanks

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

yes go for it. a guy i knew bleached his carpet by kicking a bottle of clorox sitting in the living room.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Be careful with bleach. It destroys fabrics. You might want to try other "bleaching" agents first, like oxiclean. It is supposedly less caustic.

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

oxiclean is great for stains, but i think he is trying to change the actual color of his shirt.

5. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

When I saw the thread title, I assumed he was trying to bleach the pit-stains out of a wifebeater.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

oxiclean is great for stains, but i think he is trying to change the actual color of his shirt.
    Yeah, I misread, though it's a bit unclear. Enough bleach to completely turn something white usually leaves the end garment extremely brittle. I don't recommend it, but if you don't care, go ahead.

7. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

When I saw the thread title, I assumed he was trying to bleach the pit-stains out of a wifebeater.
    I thought the same thing...I got so excited. It was gonna be like a huge gold mine for classist and offensive remarks...so disappointing [​IMG] Oh, and as to the actual thing - if the shirt is cheap, go for it. Just make sure you apply it evenly so you don't KINDA bleach it but not totally.