• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazers out on the town

spidercan

Reaction score
What are your choices for Blazers during the day and at night, paired with jeans?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got this sickkk black with silver glittery pinstriped one with hot pink silkscreened Desert Eagles, skulls, and tiger faces on the back. Gets me mad *****.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^lulz. blazers with jeans usually look douchey. anyway, I just picked up a yoko devereaux jawn which is sort of a cardigan with lapels and a breast pocket (still not quite a blazer) which I will with khakis and sometimes jeans. acne makes some fleece sporcoats which are cool. just keep things cropped, unstructured, and generally casual.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this super shrunken blazer I got from UO. It looks like a casual jacket and I wear it with dark jeans and wingtips usually.

Would casual canvas sneakers be a faux pas? Even for a blazer as casual as this, I need more excuses to wear it.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
I have this super shrunken blazer I got from UO. It looks like a casual jacket and I wear it with dark jeans and wingtips usually.

Would casual canvas sneakers be a faux pas? Even for a blazer as casual as this, I need more excuses to wear it.

No, sportscoats can be worn with sneakers. Knock yourself out.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blazers with jeans are not douchey, if done right.

I basically live in v-neck tees, slim blazers with skinny lapels, skinny jeans and penny loafers/doc martens all night long.

chroMe

Reaction score
I haven't worn one with jeans but have been wearing them with shorts. I picked up a black Hilfiger one (hated the padded shoulder so got them taken out) and restructured the arms a bit so its super skinny. Whilst walking around last night (or promenading
laugh.gif
) I seen an older English Gent wearing a woollen check suit with slight orange detail - was going to stop him and see where he got it made - as I wanted to cloth for shorts & a piece for a custom shirt collar.

lordofpi

Reaction score
I know I really don't belong over on this forum
wink.gif
, but I had to throw in my $0.02. IMHO if you feel the need to wear a blazer, why feel the need for jeans? It just feels like the same concept behind the mullet: combining refined business with partay -- does not stand the test of time.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a green corderoy blazer i wear in cooler weather. it looks great with jeans and sneakers or boots. it really just depends on the jacket. some work, some don't.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lordofpi
I know I really don't belong over on this forum
wink.gif
, but I had to throw in my $0.02. IMHO if you feel the need to wear a blazer, why feel the need for jeans? It just feels like the same concept behind the mullet: combining refined business with partay -- does not stand the test of time.

your mental image of a blazer is far too diluted

you realize they make blazers out of just about every material possible right? there are more than just mad men

lordofpi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz

you realize they make blazers out of just about every material possible right? there are more than just mad men

Haha, well put and point taken. I can see this then. All I had in mind is...well...you already said that.
wink.gif

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz

+1
Most of the responses are dealing w/ unstructered jackets that are specifically made for casual wear, not the navy blazer that you wear to someone's wedding or to work.

also +1 on cord jacket, I picked one up the other day that I plan to use alot as light outerwear this fall.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some blazers work (very well) with jeans, some don't. It depends on the particular blazer and the particular jeans (dark, washed, destroyed, etc.). Many people don't have a good sense of what works and what doesn't, so bad examples abound. But there is no need for another absolute prohibition here.

Anyone with concerns can post a fit pic and get SF input.

chroMe

Reaction score
I would also like one to wear on my scooter big enough to fit armour protection underneath. I seen a Paul Smith one yesterday at an Outlet shop in Yorkshire in heavy felt/wool with old school off-white piping around the lapels but alas wrong size. Here's a vivienne westwood off Hervia.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads