• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazers on ebay

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last one is the only one that may have been made this millenium. The first two are from deep in the eighties. The first one would be fun for a goof. The second one is just ugly. Neither is worth more than $30, tops - you could go to the local thrift store and get the same for less. The last one is the real deal, from a reputable seller. You could wear than suit into your fraud trial.

JuniorJetSet

Reaction score
Thanks, I needed that.
lookaround.gif
I've been looking for a grey blazer to wear with my collection of turtlenecks, guess I'll keep looking. I'll probably bid on the Barbera suit, though.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The barbera is a GREAT looking suit; hope you win the bid.

Do you recall the end of "raiders of the lost ark," when those who didn't keep their eyes shut were melted by intense heat? That's how I felt when I saw the armani. or any armani, for that matter.

Brian SD

Reaction score
The barbera is a GREAT looking suit; hope you win the bid.

Do you recall the end of "raiders of the lost ark," when those who didn't keep their eyes shut were melted by intense heat? That's how I felt when I saw the armani. or any armani, for that matter.
hahaha. so true. look how low the buttons are.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it gives the appearance that the mannequin has man-boobs. looks almost like a woman's jacket.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it gives the appearance that the mannequin has man-boobs. looks almost like a woman's jacket.
Only because the Mannequin is a "She". Notice the slight shoulders as well... I love the pic of the person holding the suit from behind. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....hosting You TOO can look like this for a couple hundres dollars (No Surgery necessary...)
confused.gif
JJF

truthhurts

Reaction score
If you wear db with peak lapels (and don't have a face like Cary Grant) you will look:

a) affected.
b) old.
c) cheap.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you wear db with peak lapels (and don't have a face like Cary Grant) you will look: a) affected. b) old. c) cheap.
Huh? I certainly hope you don't wear DB with notch lapels. And see my pic on page three of the 'member pictures' thread. I'd like to think I don't look look a, b, or c...
confused.gif

truthhurts

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant _or_ peak lapels.

I know that's it's a romantic look but it's totally out of fashion and outside of formal occasions it looks very out of place and affected.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant _or_ peak lapels.

I know that's it's a romantic look but it's totally out of fashion and outside of formal occasions it looks very out of place and affected.
If we're going to nitpick, I'd like to make a couple of points:

1. No-one here cares if peak lapels or DB suits are 'in fashion' or 'out of fashion', if they want to wear them, they will.

2. For those that DO care, both of these items ARE 'in fashion' right now. Very much so.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant _or_ peak lapels. I know that's it's a romantic look but it's totally out of fashion and outside of formal occasions it looks very out of place and affected.
Um...Now that you clarified what you meant...can you please explain how you've redressed the slight?
confused.gif
JJF

truthhurts

Reaction score
The guy wanted opinions, and I gave him mine. I started no argument and made no slight on anyone. If anyone chooses to wear peak lapels or db for day to day wear then they should enjoy doing so, but I'll still hold the opinions I do and if people ask for them I'll freely give them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads