• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazer + Shirt + Denim

chell

Reaction score
Hello,

so I've got a nice casual blazer (dark blue), some nice dark jeans (not very washed/torn) and some nice dress shirts.

I'd like to get away from wearing t-shirts or polos all the time. I've tried wearing my dress shirts with jeans but it looks ridiculous as the shirts are not made to be worn untucked (I don't want the shirt covering ******).

So I've been thinking about wearing dress shirts with my jeans but have the shirt tucked into the jeans. To me that seems like a bit of a silly look so my idea is to wear a nice dress shirt tucked into my jeans but with my blazer as well.

So I guess my question is: Can I wear my shirts like that? Tucked into my jeans (with a nice belt) with a blazer on top?

Would that look still be casual enough for day-to-day wearing?

Thanks!

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont understand the question if it is whether a SC can be worn with jeans and tucked in shirt, the answer is yes.

Also see attached pic.

There is a thread for this. Search for threads started by mafoofan

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Also see attached pic.

Is it just me or do the hacking pockets look to be an almost ridiculous angle? I like hacking pockets, but for some reason those jumped out at me as cartoonish. Maybe it's not the nagle but a case of the the ticket pocket being "too much" ... hmmmm.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I dont like hacking pockets generally and that angle is quite extreme but I believe that it is the standard angle in RLPL offerings which have hacking pockets.

Allen

Reaction score
Yes, of course it can be done. Try it with more casual shirts though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads