• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazer help!

jijboi25

Reaction score
Hey you guys, ive been looking for a forum like this for a while and im glad I found this one
smile.gif

Anyway to my question. I just brought a dark blue blazer with the gold buttons, and I was wondering what would look good for a high school bacclaurate and dinner. Can you give me advice on what shirt/tie combinations wouls look good (maybe pictures?), and should I wear black or brown shoes? And I dont really mind being trendy
colgate.gif

Thanks for the help!

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown shoes gray pants
What's your style like? And then I could work on a shirt. You really don't have to wear a tie

dressed2kill

Reaction score
I personaly would wear black shoes with grey slacks, but I do have great respect for men that can color cordinate grey and brown together. Maybe if you wear a tie, you could wear a light blue shirt with a white collar and French cuffs. That style of shirt is having a big comeback, so catch it if you can.

jijboi25

Reaction score
Brown shoes gray pants
What's your style like? And then I could work on a shirt. You really don't have to wear a tie
I mean, i think ill wear a tie for the church service but ill probably take it off for the dinner. Im not really trendy, but I always try to look concervative and neat. I guess my style would be kinda 'Urban Preppy' if that helps.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay Pink Oxford Button down blue tie

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah.
Actually brown suede shoes if available

jijboi25

Reaction score
I changed it up a little, but I just wanted to say that your advice was a HUGE hit

1001852m2cj.jpg

Thanks
smile.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your shirt/tie combo. Well done!

jijboi25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I like your shirt/tie combo. Well done!
Thanks, its all Tommy Hilfiger
smile.gif
I went to a Goodwill (I know) and found that brand new Hilfiger shirt with tags and everything still on it for like $5
happy.gif
. Its funny because the city I live in has a lot of rich people who routinely donate stuff there which ended up being good for me. They had some wool Brooks Brothers slacks there but they didnt fit
frown.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Jijboi, looking great. Consider yourself lucky that you have access to good thrift stores. Here is a thread you will enjoy. Plently of like minded folk around.

Tom

jijboi25

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Suit (later tailored) = $20
Shirt= $5
Tie=$25
The look on my friends face (who thinks hes the king of fashion) when I got more complements than him when he spent $300 more on his outfit= priceless
laugh.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jijboi25
I changed it up a little, but I just wanted to say that your advice was a HUGE hit

1001852m2cj.jpg

Thanks
smile.gif

Very nice look! Congrats on all the compliments.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure wish my stepson had your combination of good taste and frugal resourcefulness!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads