• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blazer help!

jijboi25

Reaction score
Hey you guys, ive been looking for a forum like this for a while and im glad I found this one

Anyway to my question. I just brought a dark blue blazer with the gold buttons, and I was wondering what would look good for a high school bacclaurate and dinner. Can you give me advice on what shirt/tie combinations wouls look good (maybe pictures?), and should I wear black or brown shoes? And I dont really mind being trendy

Thanks for the help!

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown shoes gray pants
What's your style like? And then I could work on a shirt. You really don't have to wear a tie

dressed2kill

Reaction score
I personaly would wear black shoes with grey slacks, but I do have great respect for men that can color cordinate grey and brown together. Maybe if you wear a tie, you could wear a light blue shirt with a white collar and French cuffs. That style of shirt is having a big comeback, so catch it if you can.

jijboi25

Reaction score
Brown shoes gray pants
What's your style like? And then I could work on a shirt. You really don't have to wear a tie
I mean, i think ill wear a tie for the church service but ill probably take it off for the dinner. Im not really trendy, but I always try to look concervative and neat. I guess my style would be kinda 'Urban Preppy' if that helps.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay Pink Oxford Button down blue tie

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah.
Actually brown suede shoes if available

jijboi25

Reaction score
I changed it up a little, but I just wanted to say that your advice was a HUGE hit

Thanks

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your shirt/tie combo. Well done!

jijboi25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I like your shirt/tie combo. Well done!
Thanks, its all Tommy Hilfiger
I went to a Goodwill (I know) and found that brand new Hilfiger shirt with tags and everything still on it for like $5
. Its funny because the city I live in has a lot of rich people who routinely donate stuff there which ended up being good for me. They had some wool Brooks Brothers slacks there but they didnt fit

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Jijboi, looking great. Consider yourself lucky that you have access to good thrift stores. Here is a thread you will enjoy. Plently of like minded folk around.

Tom

jijboi25

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Suit (later tailored) = $20
Shirt= $5
Tie=$25
The look on my friends face (who thinks hes the king of fashion) when I got more complements than him when he spent $300 more on his outfit= priceless

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jijboi25
I changed it up a little, but I just wanted to say that your advice was a HUGE hit

Thanks

Very nice look! Congrats on all the compliments.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure wish my stepson had your combination of good taste and frugal resourcefulness!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 55 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 92 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%