• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazer for bars or clubbing

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mayday981
That is looking good Drizzt. Where did you get that at? I don't see any Rag & Bone blazers on any online sites.

Barney's Coop in SCP when they had the additional 40% off sale. It was like $129 ($669 retail)

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go with :
Velvet
Cashmere
Lastly, soft cord

Trust me the ladies will notice and hopefully take to grabbing you.
Test it out for yourself, don't just believe me.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't hold with blazers and I don't think I ever will.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
Do you shop there often? In the past I've found A|X to be very short in the arms and torso. It's like a store for midget guidos.

i'm sorry that is probably the finnuest thing i've heard all week . . . mostly bc a certain slightly stocky, overly manicured hispanic gym rat friend of mine with Gotti boy hair totally came to mind

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with black sport coats/blazers. You just have to be careful what you wear them with.

fashionnoob

Reaction score
Are linen blazers with t-shirts underneath appropriate now that we're in the summer?

Memphis

Reaction score
I picked up a black Joseph Abboud 2 botton blazer a few years back at a sale for like $200 including tailoring and I think its one of the most worn articles of clothing I have. Plus I dont care if it gets something spilled on it and has held up amazing for the amount of wear it gets.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
I agree that black blazers are hard to pull off. Your best bet is the classic Tom Ford look with lighter jeans and a starched white button-down underneath.

You think so?

n25703276_31407360_9565.jpg

Jon.

Zubberah

Reaction score
Echo the above: there is absolutely nothing wrong with black blazers. I have over 14 of them but they are more streetwear / casual jackets than "blazers". . The trick and secret is that is should not be a suit jacket or look like one. It should be a casual jacket. Mine are all from Giannia Versace Couture and V2 Classic lines - all are differentiated by various elements. For example I have 2, 3 and 4 buttons, different fabrics from man-made, 100% silk and various wool blends, one has a zipper (no buttons), another discrete black on black diagonal sewn lines across front, colourful linings, greek key ring etched on jacket base, etc. Avoid 2-3 button suit jackets with 2-4 button cuffs - you need a point of differentiation and this is where designers like Versace and D&G excel.

harryx2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zubberah
Echo the above: there is absolutely nothing wrong with black blazers. I have over 14 of them but they are more streetwear / casual jackets than "blazers". . The trick and secret is that is should not be a suit jacket or look like one. It should be a casual jacket. Mine are all from Giannia Versace Couture and V2 Classic lines - all are differentiated by various elements. For example I have 2, 3 and 4 buttons, different fabrics from man-made, 100% silk and various wool blends, one has a zipper (no buttons), another discrete black on black diagonal sewn lines across front, colourful linings, greek key ring etched on jacket base, etc. Avoid 2-3 button suit jackets with 2-4 button cuffs - you need a point of differentiation and this is where designers like Versace and D&G excel.

Go with John Richmond if you decide to opt for flashy blazers, they are better compared to Versace and over the top D&G items.

untilted

Reaction score
A velvet peak lapel single breast sportcoat would be ideal. Ben silver sells it.

I like my green sack blazer though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads