1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Blazer for bars or clubbing

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Mayday981, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Mayday981

Mayday981 Well-Known Member

drizzt- that blazer looks cool.

Eason-Armani Exchange in Pasadena didn't have anything really. Can you show me the picture of the moleskin blazer you were talking about?

2. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

drizzt- that blazer looks cool.

Eason-Armani Exchange in Pasadena didn't have anything really. Can you show me the picture of the moleskin blazer you were talking about?

I only buy from them online, prices are better anyway.

I'm wearing it in this picture:

[​IMG]

3. Mayday981

Lookin good Eason, I'm continuing the search for more blazers. For me I'm very picky though so who knows. By the time I pick, it'll be summer time and it'll be too hot to wear a blazer.

4. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

That just means they'll be on sale =)

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I just bought a slim-fit, unlined SB 3-button jacket in black cotton by Polo and after it gets tailored it will look very, very good, especially for a casual night out. Black jackets can be worn, you just have to know how to combine them with other clothing items and pull it off properly.

Jon.

6. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Sounds nice, post a pic!

7. Maharlika

Maharlika Well-Known Member

Rag and Bones Blazers sounds like what you're looking for. Good quality and fit. I have a blazer and works well with jeans.

8. imageWIS

Sounds nice, post a pic!

From the Polo website:

[​IMG]

I'll post pics once the tailor is finished with it.

Jon.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Rag and Bones Blazers sounds like what you're looking for. Good quality and fit. I have a blazer and works well with jeans.

+1... I'm not wearing jeans in this picture, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

10. Mayday981

That is looking good Drizzt. Where did you get that at? I don't see any Rag & Bone blazers on any online sites.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

That is looking good Drizzt. Where did you get that at? I don't see any Rag & Bone blazers on any online sites.

Barney's Coop in SCP when they had the additional 40% off sale. It was like $129 ($669 retail)

12. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

Go with :
    Velvet
    Cashmere
    Lastly, soft cord

Trust me the ladies will notice and hopefully take to grabbing you.
    Test it out for yourself, don't just believe me.

13. Britalian

Britalian Well-Known Member

I don't hold with blazers and I don't think I ever will.

14. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Well-Known Member

Do you shop there often? In the past I've found A|X to be very short in the arms and torso. It's like a store for midget guidos.

i'm sorry that is probably the finnuest thing i've heard all week . . . mostly bc a certain slightly stocky, overly manicured hispanic gym rat friend of mine with Gotti boy hair totally came to mind

15. gorgekko

gorgekko Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with black sport coats/blazers. You just have to be careful what you wear them with.

16. fashionnoob

fashionnoob Well-Known Member

Are linen blazers with t-shirts underneath appropriate now that we're in the summer?

17. Memphis

Memphis Well-Known Member

I picked up a black Joseph Abboud 2 botton blazer a few years back at a sale for like $200 including tailoring and I think its one of the most worn articles of clothing I have. Plus I dont care if it gets something spilled on it and has held up amazing for the amount of wear it gets.

18. imageWIS

I agree that black blazers are hard to pull off. Your best bet is the classic Tom Ford look with lighter jeans and a starched white button-down underneath.

You think so?

[​IMG]

Jon.

19. Zubberah

Zubberah Well-Known Member

Echo the above: there is absolutely nothing wrong with black blazers. I have over 14 of them but they are more streetwear / casual jackets than "blazers". . The trick and secret is that is should not be a suit jacket or look like one. It should be a casual jacket. Mine are all from Giannia Versace Couture and V2 Classic lines - all are differentiated by various elements. For example I have 2, 3 and 4 buttons, different fabrics from man-made, 100% silk and various wool blends, one has a zipper (no buttons), another discrete black on black diagonal sewn lines across front, colourful linings, greek key ring etched on jacket base, etc. Avoid 2-3 button suit jackets with 2-4 button cuffs - you need a point of differentiation and this is where designers like Versace and D&G excel.

20. harryx2

harryx2 Well-Known Member

Echo the above: there is absolutely nothing wrong with black blazers. I have over 14 of them but they are more streetwear / casual jackets than "blazers". . The trick and secret is that is should not be a suit jacket or look like one. It should be a casual jacket. Mine are all from Giannia Versace Couture and V2 Classic lines - all are differentiated by various elements. For example I have 2, 3 and 4 buttons, different fabrics from man-made, 100% silk and various wool blends, one has a zipper (no buttons), another discrete black on black diagonal sewn lines across front, colourful linings, greek key ring etched on jacket base, etc. Avoid 2-3 button suit jackets with 2-4 button cuffs - you need a point of differentiation and this is where designers like Versace and D&G excel.

Go with John Richmond if you decide to opt for flashy blazers, they are better compared to Versace and over the top D&G items.