Blazer for bars or clubbing

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Mayday981, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Mayday981

Mayday981 Senior member

Ok, I'm convinced now that wearing a blazer with either a button down shirt or just a t-shirt looks good. I was wondering if anybody has any good recommendations for blazers? Especially worn with Nudies RRDS, 5ep STraight Resin, or ES hutches.

Also, I have a sort of picture what would be a awesome look. It'd be a black blazer, black shirt, one of the denims I've listed, and possibly brown chelsea boots. What do you guys think?

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I think black blazers look like shit, but that's my opinion.

For clubbing, I probably like my tan leather blazer the best. Brown and gray can work. Slim fit is a must. Fun material can be a plus.

T-shirts go great with blazers if you can pull it off. Works better with skinny dudes.

Favorite color combos for blazers + t-shirts:

Brown blazer - red t-shirt
    Tan blazer - blue or white t-shirt
    Gray blazer - faded blue t-shirt (kind of the background color of this message board).

I strongly recommend getting REALLY cool designs on the t-shirt. Nothing mainstream.

A cool belt finishes off the outfit. Chicks dig this look.

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

see if target still has any velvet blazers on clearance. if not, see if they have any new ones at regular price.

4. Mayday981

Mayday981 Senior member

Target had no blazers in stock. Actually I don't like the velvet blazers they had before. I felt they looked tacky.

Metrostyles, which designer blazer did you get for the tan one?

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Target had no blazers in stock. Actually I don't like the velvet blazers they had before. I felt they looked tacky.

Metrostyles, which designer blazer did you get for the tan one?

A|X...[​IMG]

At least it wasn't too pricey. Just get something that fits great - especially around the waist.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Mayday,

No offense, but I think black blazer with black shirt, jeans, and brown shoes would look horrendous.

Good looks I've seen with a black blazer would be something like a light or medium grey button up shirt, or even a charcoal one, and jeans, untucked. You can swing the brown shoes then, if you have a little contrast in the outfit.

I'm fond of Rag & Bone blazers, personally, but not the 3 button kind for going out. I have an awesome midnight blue (blacker than black) R&B blazer that has 2 metal buttons down the front and one metal button at the end of each sleeve.

7. vanity

vanity Senior member

I agree that black blazers are hard to pull off. Your best bet is the classic Tom Ford look with lighter jeans and a starched white button-down underneath.

8. Mayday981

Mayday981 Senior member

Ah cool, no offense taken. That's how you learn by making a suggestion and having a forum of opinions and critiques. I know black is kind of played out. I will definitely check out the Rag & Bone blazers. I don't mind spending over a hundred bucks for one as long as I get get a good one that can last maybe a couple years.

Hmm, I'll check online for the Tom Ford look. I've heard of him but never really seen his style.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I agree that black blazers are hard to pull off. Your best bet is the classic Tom Ford look with lighter jeans and a starched white button-down underneath.

Yeah, I think it works well with a washed jean in dark/medium blue without a whole lot of contrast. It may also work better if the wearer is fairly slim but not skinny.

10. Mayday981

Mayday981 Senior member

I'm 5'8", 165 pounds. I'm a fatass, hahaha. I'm going to check out the A/X at Pasadena. Unfortunately, their selection is quite limited.

11. vanity

vanity Senior member

I'm 5'8", 165 pounds. I'm a fatass, hahaha. I'm going to check out the A/X at Pasadena. Unfortunately, their selection is quite limited.

Do you shop there often? In the past I've found A|X to be very short in the arms and torso. It's like a store for midget guidos.

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

A|X...[​IMG]

At least it wasn't too pricey. Just get something that fits great - especially around the waist.

Just between you and me, A|X's blazers are fucking fantastic and I will most likely keep buying them there as long as they continue to impress me. [​IMG]

13. Mayday981

Mayday981 Senior member

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

15. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Hey how is this blazer: http://www.armaniexchange.com/produc...&sortby=&size=
    In gray of course, white would get stained too easily.

That one is kinda blah.

I'd rock something like:

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Honestly, I think something like this would be totally pimp although it's slightly unrelated:

[​IMG]