• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blazer fit questions

poissa

Reaction score
This is a brown herringbone blazer that looks good upon close inspection. The lighting is poor, it is hard this time of year =\\ A couple of concerns are the length at the rear. It is probably good but it might be too short? And in the last post it feels awkward, I don't imagine ever being in that pose but included it because it might be necessary. Thanks for c&c ;-)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ykurtz

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the price tag jutting out of your shoulder.

But seriously, it's hard to tell re: fit given how dark the pics are. From a silhouette perspective, it looks decent. But hard to comment in any detail.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first of all that's not a blazer

Originally Posted by poissa

second why do people always do this when they try on a jacket.

do you often run down hallways like this making whooshing sounds...

If not when will this event ever happen on a regular basis in your world that you feel it is crucial to the fit. I mean honestly

poissa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
first of all that's not a blazer

If not when will this event ever happen on a regular basis in your world that you feel it is crucial to the fit. I mean honestly

My guess is for the purpose of knowing whether the sleeves are of proper length. I'll repost pictures with better lighting ;-) Thanks

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that would only judge the length if you held your arms like that often....

maybe judge how long they should be by your normal everyday movements and not you trying to be a super hero?

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to tell from the pictures. Seems the fit is fine. But the huge armholes...even too huge to an OTR.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP, I take it that you are not a photographer???

Matt S

Reaction score
The button stance looks really off (if it's a 2-button). If it's actually a 3-button, fasten the middle only, not the top.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread made me LOL. Thanks, guys!

Up, up, and awaaaaay!

dasai

Reaction score
Tip: always place the camera on a horizontal plane between you and your light source (in this case, it's the window); otherwise, you get the equivalent of an eclipse.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Tweaked the exposure a bit, maybe it'll help:

brownjacket4.jpg

brownjacket5.jpg

IronRock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mudhiker
Tweaked the exposure a bit, maybe it'll help:

brownjacket4.jpg

The button stance looks a little high in my opinion. Back, arms all look ok.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon

It's not an exact analogue, but the idea is to see what freedom of motion you have. When you wear a jacket all the time, things come up: sitting down while reaching for something over your head, holding a heavy bag of groceries in one arm while opening a large door, etc.

And yes to the bit about the whooshing, constantly.

Wideknot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
Thi

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Believe it or not, this is the one fit problem that drives me nuts. No, I don't go running down the hallway making whooshing noises. I do, however, spend a lot of time holding a steering wheel. Can't stand having my sleeves pull back along my arms that way. Higher armholes help. Bi-swing shoulders even more, but who wants to have every suit cut like a shooting jacket?

poissa

Reaction score
Mudhiker,

Thanks for tweaking the exposures, that did wonders.

Dasai,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably also be well served if I metered toward the darkest point of the picture.

It will be worth my time to take more pics this weekend to be sure I like what I have. Thanks for the feedback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads