• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazer fabrics and colours for Spring

polyfusion

Reaction score
Dear SF members,

I’m in the process of commissioning a couple of new suits . One for winter, and one for Spring.

I’m struggling with the spring commission. Colours , fabrics etc. It’s hard to imagine sitting here in a cold wet London what March will look like. It occurred to me in fact I’ve never really considered what an appropriately “Spring” fabric choice is , or what the menswear consensus on the definitive colours for spring suiting.. and thought I’d throw out to the good people of SF for their thoughts?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blazer or suit? Your title says blazer.

for spring I still think a three season wool would be appropriate. Perhaps Fresco if you want something that can carry you into the summer. Light gray or pearl gray might be something I’d consider.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

for spring I still think a three season wool would be appropriate. Perhaps Fresco if you want something that can carry you into the summer. Light gray or pearl gray might be something I’d consider.

I'll second this, and also say that a lightweight navy suit could also have the jacket double as a blazer for even more versatility.

But as far as colours go, it depends on what would suit you. A nice tan or even greyish jacket could work nicely from spring-summer, but if you look washed-out in certain colours then that ought to be a consideration, because the spring can be a very sunny time and tend to show these contrasts more.

I know I cannot go for very warm and saturated earth tones, for example, so I'd be more apt to opt for the navy or grey. Some others can pull off camel-coloured jackets brilliantly.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits: Navy, charcoal, mid-grey. High-twist fabric. Navy (subtle) stripe and grey (subtle) glen plaid when you want to branch out into patterns.

Blazer: Navy, in a lightweight hopsack.

Odd jacket: Something in the brown/tan family, a less subtle glen plaid.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol...
Just had a light grey 3 season suit delivered today.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know 90s is becoming rather "it" right now, and so, dare I say the return of the olive green suit? Similar to the second here...

Not the most formal of attire for London but you didn't say any context. It would work here in Milan / Rome.

anglo-italian-tailoring-1536x1002.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads