• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blazer Buttons?

albertk61

Reaction score
I bought a Brooks Brothers (Loro Piana fabric) classic blue blazer that has the "Golden Fleece" buttons. I have an old hopsack blazer with enameled buttons bearing my college crest, and I have a set of gold plated buttons with my monogram (a groomsman's gift 20 years ago). Are either of these preferable? Are either laughable? I am in my 40s and leaning toward the enamled school buttons. I love the blazer but kinda hate the buttons saying "look, I bought this at at BB!"

Comments?

arc

Reaction score
Either of those sound like a step up from the Brooks ones. The tied up sheep logo makes me mildly uncomfortable, and in general visibly sporting a clothing brand logo is tasteless.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gold monograms are classic. I put them on a navy blazer from Arny's. I'm not as crazy about enameled school crests, but if it's a good looking crest, I think the ol' navy blazer is certainly the place to use them. And actually, I'm liking the idea more and more as I type this.

With regard to the BB buttons, while not great, they are MUCH better than many other companies' versions.

ferry1950

Reaction score
Two of my blazers: navy and black have sterling silver monogrammed buttons from Ben Silver. About $150 a pop per blazer, but love the individual look.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's