• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazer basics

locrao

Reaction score
I would like some suggestions on 2 blazers I would like to build my wardrobe around.

About me: 35 year old health care professional who also doubles as a real estate investor. I am loyal to Allen Edmonds, shoe-wise, but it appears from the posts on this site that there are many other brands equivalent & better!

First, I'd like a classic navy blazer. Any suggestions on a label that isn't too trendy, and is a good value for the money? There's a Polo University Club blazer on eBay that looks good, but I'm sure if it would be considered too "low end" for me.

Second, I'd like a corduroy blazer with leather elbow patches. I simply have always liked the look.

Thanks for your help.

NTexican

Reaction score
+1
Saw this thread and thought it was about time I stopped lurking. I'm a 30 something car salesman and due in large part to the advice I've absorbed off of SF in the last 9 months I have:
1. Purchased a large classic chestnut saddleback leather briefcase.
2. A pair of Park Ave Allen Edmonds.
3. A pair of 5th Ave AEs.
4. Upgraded my wardrobe by splurging in a suit package from Culwell & sons.
5. Have considered searching ebay for a damaged blue tie
devil.gif

It's now time for some blazers. Can't see myself spending +$1k on something like a RLPL, am I safe by revisting Culwell, and what are the pros/cons of gold buttons/crests on a classic blue blazer? Severley leaning towards something more understated.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to being an active member for years to come.

NTexican

Reaction score
+1
Saw this thread and thought it was about time I stopped lurking. I'm a 30 something car salesman and due in large part to the advice I've absorbed off of SF in the last 9 months I have:
1. Purchased a large classic chestnut saddleback leather briefcase.
2. A pair of Park Ave Allen Edmonds.
3. A pair of 5th Ave AEs.
4. Upgraded my wardrobe by splurging on a suit package from Culwell & sons.
5. Have considered searching ebay for a damaged blue tie
devil.gif

It's now time for some blazers. Can't see myself spending +$1k on something like a RLPL, am I safe by revisting Culwell, and what are the pros/cons of gold buttons/crests on a classic blue blazer? Severley leaning towards something more understated.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to being an active member for years to come.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads