• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blast my OTR suit fit please!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HPress

Reaction score
It's honestly not that bad. Though the shoulders look a bit wide, there back looks too wide, the pants are a bit too long, and also they bunch at the back for some reason.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I tried cleaning my glasses and that didn't work, so I guess the problem is your pics. I can't see a damn thing. dude, gotta post better pics.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HPress
It's honestly not that bad. Though the shoulders look a bit wide, there back looks too wide, the pants are a bit too long, and also they bunch at the back for some reason.
i actually dont understand the shoulders. Don't know whether it really is too wide or just made funny, because it feels pretty snug when I wear it. Also I still get that dimple in the shoulders even when I pull them in.

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I tried cleaning my glasses and that didn't work, so I guess the problem is your pics. I can't see a damn thing. dude, gotta post better pics.

Sorry mate. I did everything on my phone and didn't realise how horrible they are until I arrived home to check it on my computer. New pics on their way.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attachment 52458

Attachment 52459

OK I just got the pics with me tugging the sleeves down. And I think the shoulders look better.
Are they still too wide or are the shoulders just funkily made? I do feel a fairly thick ridge at the seams.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulders look fine. Pants are doing funky things.

sartorial_marxist

Reaction score

Ivar

Reaction score
* Your shirt sleeves are slightly too long, which makes you show too much cuff
* Your shoes look questionable (hard to tell)
* Your shoulders could probably be shortened half an inch or so for a more fashionable look.
* Tilted flap pockets look a bit weird on business suits, IMO.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be the angle, but jacket looks short in relation to the crotch of the trou. Or maybe you're wearing the trou too low?

Dressed2the9s

Reaction score
The jacket look good! The pants are doing something funky but that may be due to the legs not be tappered. Overall for a off the rack suit, looks decent. I like the sharp lines!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorial_marxist

That must be the suit being burned. A fitting end to the thing.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input gentleman!
Need to fix up my pants then. Shortening it should help I think. Those are actually very tapered pants (7 7/8 inches wide)

It might be the angle Lufty. I almost thought my jacket was too long for a time there when I look at myself in the mirror from close range and head height. The pictures are taken from waist height about 3 metres away. The suit does cover my butt completely though. I think even shortening jacket length by 1/2 inch may still cover my butt properly?

Will it look off against my body size for my next suit if I:
- get wider lapels (currently 2.5")
- higher rise (those pants are 8" rise)
- slightly wider leg at the pants cuff?

(yup im tiny!)

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Will it look off against my body size for my next suit if I:
- get wider lapels (currently 2.5")
- higher rise (those pants are 8" rise)
- slightly wider leg at the pants cuff?

All these are recommended.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.