• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackscissors leather jackets?

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there some kind of Black Scissors scandal over at Superfuture some time ago?

Although that has nothing to do with what you are asking, sorry.

Psydelik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
Wasn't there some kind of Black Scissors scandal over at Superfuture some time ago?

Although that has nothing to do with what you are asking, sorry.

Was there? I have no idea. Any details?

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
I have a jacket from them that i ordered a little over a year ago, the quality is actually pretty decent for what you pay and I received my order way faster than expected it just took a little over a week.

SupeMassivePowerTrip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoconutBanana
I have a jacket from them that i ordered a little over a year ago, the quality is actually pretty decent for what you pay and I received my order way faster than expected it just took a little over a week.

CB got any fit pics?

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Their" designs are basically copies. For some it's the only way to get that RO look. On the other hand it's also hated by real RO owners or intellectual property advocates. IMO all this commotion is non-sense, it's an allowed practice although kept quietly.

Atleee

Reaction score
I bought one years ago. Im not sure if this has something to do with the leather (nappa), but it has started to become grey around the cuff. The feel of the jacket has been great, but I do not expect this to be a piece for a lifetime.
Perhaps real RO isn't either, so take it from one who knows little about leather jackets (paging kunk and rfx)

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahaha the guy who owns black scissors basically got into a fit with me on Facebook. He started ranting about one of my statuses and then I accused him of owning a sweatshop manned by little Indian girls. Her corrected me and said that grown Indian men made his jackets
laugh.gif
Then he proceeded to advertise his brand on my Facebook page until i deleted all of his posts and blocked him.

Atleee

Reaction score
Making fun of sweatshops while selling Uniqlo oxford shirt...

What is this blowout on sufu. I remember it being highly praised for a long time

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jwied82 rocks a BS leather in virtually every WAYWT picture he posts. Check those out.

Psydelik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoconutBanana
Nice, what model did you get? And how did you figure out your size? I'm thinking of getting the RO High-collar one. That jacket is sick.

AlbertCamus

Reaction score
^ they have relatively complete measurements on the ebay pages and they'll answer about any question you throw at them. I was interested in one jacket but didn't like the wash/distressing effect, and they said they could accommodate me.

They'll do custom jackets for about 250 euros shipped, you can specify every measurement, type of leather, zipper color, etc. Also I believe, but I'm not sure, that you can have them basically copy any jacket you want.

I was wrestling with ordering one of these vs. a TOJ, but it's already getting hot where I live so I'm gonna wait until next year. It's hard to decide between what I know is a perfect jacket, and what would still probably be a damn impressive jacket at 1/3 the cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics