• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black, white, and grey thread

AndrewDoesHair

Reaction score
I work in the hair industry, as my username suggests, and it's pretty common to have salons stick to mostly black dress codes. My salon doesn't enforce it, but I had decided a few years ago to enforce it on myself, as it makes me feel like I'm wearing the hairdresser uniform, and puts me in the right state of mind to do my best work.

Now, I'm not fashionable by any means. I buy my work clothes from express, typically, and I'm not trying to show off to my clients how stylish I am- necessarily. Of course I want them to be inspired by the way I carry myself, my appearance is part of what I sell in my profession, but admittedly being new to being deliberate in my appearance at work, typically a sort of dress pants and a tie, I find myself running out of ways to feel creative.

I do have a sort of punk rock aesthetic, and I try to blend it into my salon wear. Think Dennis Lyxzen meets Matt Skiba, with an occasional splash of Nick Cave (when I hve a big day at work) and you'll imagine what I often aim for.

But I want to see outfits you guys have put together without the use of color. For inspiration. I'm open to suggestions. I'm open to constructive criticism.

This is what I wore yesterday

What've you got in black, white, and grey?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads