• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Western-Style shirt

Southernwayfarer

Reaction score
Looking for a well made black western style long-sleeve shirt. Recommendations? Thanks. Sorry if this is a newbe question. I'm new here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL. Look on EBay.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not to state the obvious, but I now have 2 Wrangler black cotton drill western shirts, and after shortening them, they are among my favorites. Pretty affordable and very durable. And a not-negligible amount of authenti-cred.

rocco

Reaction score
The Flat Head black chambray is a great shirt, one of my favorites these days. But because of the nature of the chambray material it looks more like grey.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Not to state the obvious, but I now have 2 Wrangler black cotton drill western shirts, and after shortening them, they are among my favorites. Pretty affordable and very durable. And a not-negligible amount of authenti-cred.

they are also close to 135$ cheaper than any of the other shirts mentioned so-far.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
okay, replace 'any' with 'some'

Also, I can never find RRL stuff in my size on Ebay... friggin xchen must buy up all of the good stuff up .

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
small, I don't really search for RRL enough any more though. The only piece I wanted was the chambray, but I already have 2 other chambrays that I don't wear enough to warrant buying a third.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southernwayfarer
Rockmounts look like a solid option at a reasonable price. I'd love the Flat Heads but can't afford them. Thanks.
Rockmount is the seriously authentic one, but I never see them in stores. I'm going to start watching ebay though since there are quite a few on there and they are often affordable.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
Also, I can never find RRL stuff in my size on Ebay... friggin xchen must buy up all of the good stuff up .

laugh.gif

Actually I haven't bought any RRL in a few months. I haven't even done any searches for it on ebay lately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads