1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Black waxed denim... Thin Finn Dry Black Coated (TFDBC)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by inviscid, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Can anyone recommend other black coated jeans with a straight leg cut other then the slim jims black coated? I'm thinking of getting a pair of black coated jeans to wear casually but also be able to wear them in exchange for slacks since i have to dress up every wednesday for school. Damn highschool =(

Mine are $108 at Urban, they just shipped to top tier accounts with the remaining stores taking delivery 1/30 & 2/28.

2. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

Wait...what's $108 at UO?

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Is rokara going to uo now? I'm confused as well. The pair of waxed jeans cheap got from you were pretty nice. If rokara is there, any clue if boston or orlando are top tier stores?

4. Karo

Karo Senior member

I'm also looking into buying a pair of slim black coated jeans. What I have in mind so far is 1) Nudie dry black coated jean 2) Dior homme transparent coated pvc in black 3) S2A black coated jeans.

Last week I went and to find a pair of nudie blk coated in sz33 but all they had was a 32x34, it felt a little tight though. I have a pair of sz33 nudie dry greycast and those fit nicely on my hips. As for the diors, i have a pair of the new version wax in sz33, those fit like a dream, but I am not too keen on getting the same style in black [​IMG]

Can anyone tell me the sizes for S2A and the cutting? Anyone know where to get those jeans at a better price? Thanks a bunch~

5. asobu

asobu Senior member

Fuck, S2A Paris ss07 was amazing.

6. eelnosnor

eelnosnor Well-Known Member

Rye GB can you post picutres up of the waxed jeans you got from urban? Also is the urban outfitter in San Francisco top tier?

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Rye GB can you post picutres up of the waxed jeans you got from urban? Also is the urban outfitter in San Francisco top tier?

Jeans shipped to urban 11/13. Give them a call for locations. We ship to their Hub and they distribute. I'm so busy right now I have no idea when most of our gear is in store or location.
    Brand is Kill City. Style M63-071.[​IMG]

8. ProyJ

ProyJ Member

That's what I was thinking at first too, but I concluded it must be the flash... feel free to dispute please! (anyone that's seen them in person.)
    I'd rather not plunk down the change and look like I'm wearing leather pants.

I bought the two days ago, haven't worn them yet.

In RL thay aren't that shiny but they still look a bit waxed.

A recommended buy [​IMG]

9. totally epic

BTW, I don't remember who all asked me but Blackbird still has a few pairs of the S2A waxed coated black jeans in sizes 30-33 (fits 28-31 really) for about $130.

10. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

what kinda fit are those s2a jeans?

btw anybody with the TFs how is the stretch on these?

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

btw anybody with the TFs how is the stretch on these?

I have the UICs... which haven't stretched as much as a truly raw jean, but probably a bit more than a washed one.

12. totally epic

You should size up 1-2 for the waist but the legs are SLIM. Think Raf by Raf Simons.

13. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

drizzit: ive seen your pics, did you go true to size?
    it was strange trying these on. the 30s were snug and the 31s were really loose. the elastic is throwing me off.

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

drizzit: ive seen your pics, did you go true to size?
    it was strange trying these on. the 30s were snug and the 31s were really loose. the elastic is throwing me off.

Yes it was true to size. My waist is around 33.5" and I got a 34. They aren't tight at all. I need to use a belt now when I wear them.

15. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

guys it looks from what ive read on the net/ experienced with a couple of them in person , these run a size bigger than normal so you may want to size down one.

16. Eason

Eason Senior member

Are there other jeans with a waxed finish in either different cuts or different colors?

17. Hugo

Hugo Senior member

Are there other jeans with a waxed finish in either different cuts or different colors?

RAF by Raf Simons have got a pair of white jeans (link). I would recommend you to size up one or two sizes since they are smaller than they "should" be.

18. Eason

Eason Senior member

ehh.. white jeans aren't exactly what I'm looking for... The thin flinn black ones look awesome but I have a muscular build and really skinny jeans would look bad on me. I thought I remember seeing some jeans that had a reddish waxed finish or something like that around here, maybe I'm crazy...

19. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

nudie ss08 is going to have:
    dry black(and grey) coated in avg joe, slim jim,high kai,tight long john and Thin finn

along with the Ultra Indigo Coated in the tight fits and Greycoated white Slim Jim (whatever that is)

your welcome.

20. Eason

Eason Senior member

nice, wont be able to afford them until then anyway