black suit, with a pink shirt and green tie??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scholz, Jun 15, 2009.

1. scholz

scholz New Member

OKay so im trying to match my date who is wearing a light green dress with pink frilly stuff. i already have a black suit, so i was thinking black suit, pink shirt, green tie?? will this work, any suggestions? if this wont work is my only alterative gettin a grey suit?

2. IchDien

IchDien Member

Why would you want to match your date so much?

3. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

OKay so im trying to match my date who is wearing a light green dress with pink frilly stuff. i already have a black suit, so i was thinking black suit, pink shirt, green tie?? will this work, any suggestions? if this wont work is my only alterative gettin a grey suit?
    Matching your date doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Wearing a pink shirt, green tie, and black suit sounds just as bad, if not worse.

5. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Are you a man or a freakin' fashion accessory?

6. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

7. Trendy Sing Sing

Trendy Sing Sing Senior member

Save money on a new suit and buy a new cheap hooker girlfriend who doesn't make you coordinate outfits.

8. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

Save money on a new suit and buy a new cheap hooker girlfriend who doesn't make you coordinate outfits.

OUCH

I think if you stick with a faint, pastel pink colored shirt and a non-bright green tie it will look alright

9. Trendy Sing Sing

Trendy Sing Sing Senior member

OUCH

Kidding

10. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

wear a cape with red lining. it's the only thing that looks good with a black suit.
    seriously tho try a white shirt and pink tie and white pocket square. Compliment her outfit, don't compete with it.

11. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

ohhhhh nooooooooo black suit!!! *faints*

12. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

no to the green tie.

13. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

Pink and green yes, but not with a black suit. Black and pink yes but not with the green tie, I think you see where i'm going with this.

14. overdog

overdog Senior member

The responses on this thread are ridiculous. First of all, there is nothing wrong with a black suit for an evening event. In fact, some might even say it is preferable to charcoal, as charcoal may be construed to be business-like. If you are going to a high school or college formal, there will likely be no other SFers there to pass judgment. If it will help you score points (or otherwise) with your date, match her dress. If I were to recommend one thing, it would be to change your shirt color to white. But the most important thing is fit. Get your suit altered to fit your body if you haven't already. Wear your pants at the correct length and at the correct waist level.

15. cglex

cglex Well-Known Member

You need to rethink things, the feed back has been consistent. Unless you are asian, lose the black suit unless it is for formalwear. As a practical matter, most look bad in a black suit, sort of the undertaker/limo driver look. Some people do look good in a black suit, but probably not you. Pink and green is a classic combination. Black doesn't work in the western world except for formal occasions or artsy kinds of "cool" stuff. That is the way it is, like it or not. Make your choices and go from there.