• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black split toe shoes with jeans

andychen

Reaction score
I searched a lot and know people on this forum recommend brown shoes with jeans, but what if I wear a black top, I have quite a few black polo and casual tops. So I suppose I should wear black shoes with those tops?

If so the next question is what style would be less formal for black shoes. Are split toe shoes good with jeans?

I appreciate any input.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andychen
I searched a lot and know people on this forum recommend brown shoes with jeans, but what if I wear a black top, I have quite a few black polo and casual tops. So I suppose I should wear black shoes with those tops?

If so the next question is what style would be less formal for black shoes. Are split toe shoes good with jeans?

I appreciate any input.

No you don't have to wear black shoes because you are wearing a black shirt. Black polo, jeans, brown shoes = fine by me.

If you did want to wear black shoes casually, I wouldn't know where to start with advice. That ain't my style mang.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always wear drivers with polos. I know people say not to wear drivers for walking but if you keep a good rotation I dont see the problem.

andychen

Reaction score
I will go with Brown then. The black shoes was a suggestion from a female friend, so I thought girls like that look.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well would most likely reach for black shoes with a black polo. If its just a black polo/jeans thing your going for Its a simple outfit and would wear black shoes. Also, dont pay attention to what girls think! Since when do they ever know what they want?!
laugh.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Well would most likely reach for black shoes with a black polo. If its just a black polo/jeans thing your going for Its a simple outfit and would wear black shoes. Also, dont pay attention to what girls think! Since when do they ever know what they want?!
laugh.gif

+1

centrix

Reaction score
brown drivers would look awesome with a black polo and jeans, remember to wear a brown belt

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by centrix
brown drivers would look awesome with a black polo and jeans, remember to wear a brown belt
I think a brown shoe would look nice, but I'm not a fan of drivers for street wear.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
I wear black derbys or oxfords with jeans and black shirts all the time, but I suspect many people woudn't approve. I also wear brown derbys or oxfords with jeans and black shirts, so there you go. Pick whatever you think works for you or whatever "attitude" style you're going for that day. It doesn't really matter, as long as you think it looks good and makes you feel good.

I never liked split-toe shoes, so I don't recommend wearing them with anything, but that's just my personal taste. If you like them, wear them.

Note: When I wear brown shoes with black tops I wear brown a belt to complete the contrast. When wearing black shoes I wear a black belt, which gives a more minimalistic, less "standing out" look IMO.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just because a shoe is black doesn't mean it's formal. Black split toe derbies, monks, plain toe bluchers go just as well with (the right) jeans as black chelsea boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics