• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black slip-ons and a... tan belt?

Brigden

Reaction score
OK, I know some of you guys are a bit "by-the-book" when it comes to fashion and style, but a few of you are more daring. I'm from the "if it looks cool and I can pull it off" school of thought, but more often you'll find me flying straight and narrow.

I mostly wear D&G, DSquared, Diesel (3D!), so you've got some idea of the asthetic.

Anyway, I typically wear slim-fitting polos (long and short-sleeved) and button-front shirts, slim jeans, and well-polished, contemporary slip-ons (read: pointy).

Yes, I know the look isn't for everyone, but I like it and it gets me compliments.

I've been looking for a belt with a large buckle for the sake of affectation. My search has rendered little, until today. I came across a wide (2") tan (think chinos) belt with a large oval buckle - just what I was looking for - except for the tan part. (I'll spare you the details of the buckle, other than that it's clean.)

Initially, I wanted a black belt, but the more I thought about it, the more the tan belt appealed to me. Yes it would contrast my shoes, a long-surviving fashion faux paux, and yes, it would draw greater attention to its already ostentatious self, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted it.

Now, what would you lot think of a tan belt with a pair of black, pointy, slip-ons? (Bear in mind the big picture).

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, lads.

dingleberry

Reaction score
i think the whole "matching belt to shoes" thing has its place (and for good reason) with formal/non-casual wear or suits and what not... but I think with casual stuff, you answered your own question "if it looks cool...

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isnt the Mens' Clothing forum.
devil.gif

Wear whatever colors you want if they harmonize properly.

I mostly wear D&G, DSquared, Diesel (3D!), so you've got some idea of the asthetic.
Eurotrash! Sorry but I couldn't resist sterotyping.
boxing[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads