• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Black slip-ons and a... tan belt?

Brigden

Reaction score
OK, I know some of you guys are a bit "by-the-book" when it comes to fashion and style, but a few of you are more daring. I'm from the "if it looks cool and I can pull it off" school of thought, but more often you'll find me flying straight and narrow.

I mostly wear D&G, DSquared, Diesel (3D!), so you've got some idea of the asthetic.

Anyway, I typically wear slim-fitting polos (long and short-sleeved) and button-front shirts, slim jeans, and well-polished, contemporary slip-ons (read: pointy).

Yes, I know the look isn't for everyone, but I like it and it gets me compliments.

I've been looking for a belt with a large buckle for the sake of affectation. My search has rendered little, until today. I came across a wide (2") tan (think chinos) belt with a large oval buckle - just what I was looking for - except for the tan part. (I'll spare you the details of the buckle, other than that it's clean.)

Initially, I wanted a black belt, but the more I thought about it, the more the tan belt appealed to me. Yes it would contrast my shoes, a long-surviving fashion faux paux, and yes, it would draw greater attention to its already ostentatious self, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted it.

Now, what would you lot think of a tan belt with a pair of black, pointy, slip-ons? (Bear in mind the big picture).

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, lads.

dingleberry

Reaction score
i think the whole "matching belt to shoes" thing has its place (and for good reason) with formal/non-casual wear or suits and what not... but I think with casual stuff, you answered your own question "if it looks cool...

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isnt the Mens' Clothing forum.

Wear whatever colors you want if they harmonize properly.

I mostly wear D&G, DSquared, Diesel (3D!), so you've got some idea of the asthetic.
Eurotrash! Sorry but I couldn't resist sterotyping.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40