1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Black slip-ons and a... tan belt?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brigden, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Brigden

Brigden Senior Member

OK, I know some of you guys are a bit "by-the-book" when it comes to fashion and style, but a few of you are more daring. I'm from the "if it looks cool and I can pull it off" school of thought, but more often you'll find me flying straight and narrow.

I mostly wear D&G, DSquared, Diesel (3D!), so you've got some idea of the asthetic.

Anyway, I typically wear slim-fitting polos (long and short-sleeved) and button-front shirts, slim jeans, and well-polished, contemporary slip-ons (read: pointy).

Yes, I know the look isn't for everyone, but I like it and it gets me compliments.

I've been looking for a belt with a large buckle for the sake of affectation. My search has rendered little, until today. I came across a wide (2") tan (think chinos) belt with a large oval buckle - just what I was looking for - except for the tan part. (I'll spare you the details of the buckle, other than that it's clean.)

Initially, I wanted a black belt, but the more I thought about it, the more the tan belt appealed to me. Yes it would contrast my shoes, a long-surviving fashion faux paux, and yes, it would draw greater attention to its already ostentatious self, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted it.

Now, what would you lot think of a tan belt with a pair of black, pointy, slip-ons? (Bear in mind the big picture).

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, lads.

2. dingleberry

dingleberry Well-Known Member

i think the whole "matching belt to shoes" thing has its place (and for good reason) with formal/non-casual wear or suits and what not... but I think with casual stuff, you answered your own question "if it looks cool...

3. Flame

Flame Distinguished Member

This isnt the Mens' Clothing forum. [​IMG]

Wear whatever colors you want if they harmonize properly.

Eurotrash! Sorry but I couldn't resist sterotyping. [​IMG]