• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Raw Denim

dimshum

Reaction score
Damn the denim gods! I just recently purchased some ash black Rag & Bone RB11's only to find they don't fit me. Unfortunately, I know of no other brand that carries black raw denim with a similar fit to the rb11's. Are there any suggestions? I know g-star has some interesting cuts/washes; do you think they'd have a straight legged and modern fitting black wash jean that would fit similarly? I'm considering PBJ bk's, but I'd like to keep under 200.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
I think Nudies have some pretty cool all black jeans. Those are probably the best I can think of since you wanna keep it under 200. I know the Dior's look pretty nice but they're expensiveeeeeeeee.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although some have complained of the quality of these jeans I have not had any problems with them. You may want to look at Crate denim. I have a pair of the James in black and am quite fond of them. That cut may have a leg opening a little bigger than you want but there is always the Crate Sally which is much slimmer. The styling of Crate is very minimal, and the price is good. You can get them at Active Endeavors for $124 with the 20% discount. Again, not the highest quality denim but it may do the trick for you.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've been looking for regular fit straight leg black denim, both like the rb and matt black but no luck so far.

nastyandy

Reaction score
Uniqlo actually has some decent raw black jeans with nice modern cuts for $40.

dimshum

Reaction score
travis, do the dp-292s fit similar to the sd-103s?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dimshum
I know g-star has some interesting cuts/washes; do you think they'd have a straight legged and modern fitting black wash jean that would fit similarly?
Right now they have a slim straight-legged jean with button-flap back pockets, in matt black, black on both sides*, but I don't think they currently have anything with a white weft.

*Mos Def style.

EDIT: Weft? Warp? One of them, I dunno.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Helmut Lang, but good luck finding them. How about Rag & Bone RB6? Or PBJ XX-005BK?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd spend the extra $25 and get the PBJs, or wait until BiG restocks and get some Skulls. If you're willing to go an extra $50, Imperial Dukes might be a good bet, too - they get a lot of love on SuFu.

Actually, if I lived near a Uniqlo, my first step would probably be to follow andy's tip.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
miz on superfuture called the samurai black jeans the Malcom X of jeans....

i agree. they're beautiful, and so dark

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kicking Mule Workshop was available in black this time last year, don't know about right now though. They may have dropped that with the move to the new Japanese denim.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Which black sammies fit close to reg ralph but not repro style boys? Denim is slubby correct?

Who has a nice matte coal like denim with a regular straight fit besides Levis (diors too slim) which I'm staying away from. Come on fellas.

The Grapist

Reaction score
There's always black raw Diors. I rather like like mine.
smile.gif
I was selling a bunch of the MIJ 19cms in SuperTalk for less than retail, but now I only have one pair in size 30 left.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads